9/11 Memorial -- World Peace Ribbon Project

Old September 11th 03, 04:57 PM
Karen C - California

Default 9/11 Memorial -- World Peace Ribbon Project

We arranged to donate the World Peace Ribbon to the International Day of Peace
Vigil (www.idpvigil.com).

One of the organizers, who works for the UN, took the time to phone me to let
me know that the project had touched her heart. As she looked at the segments,
some of them time-intensive "works of art", she cried.

In fact, she was so impressed by the Ribbon that she asked permission to
display it at other organizations, including Red Cross and 9/11 support groups,
to show how much people around the world cared.

Photos of the finished ribbon, which was over 100 feet long, are on
www.craft-searcher.com

Three cheers to Nathalie for having this wonderful idea!

--
Finished 7/4/03 -- Army Wife
WIP: Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe, Guide the Hands (2d

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old September 11th 03, 07:00 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Uhhhh, there's no pictures there . . . just a bunch of links having
nothing whatsoever to do with "crafts". I even did a search for
"ribbon" and "9/11 ribbon".

Got a better URL?
Dianne

Old September 11th 03, 07:16 PM
aeromom

Can you post a more specific web site address?
I would love to see the ribbon.
Thanks,
aeromom

Old September 11th 03, 07:51 PM
Joan Erickson

Karen C - California wrote:

Photos of the finished ribbon, which was over 100 feet long, are on
www.craft-searcher.com

Where on this site is it??? I only see a bunch of non-stitching links.

--
Joan

See my first-ever design he
http://www.heritageshoppe.com/joan.jpg

"Stitch when you are young and poor, frame when you are old and rich."
- Elizabeth's (rctn'r) sister's MIL (Barbara Marr)

Old September 11th 03, 10:55 PM
Karen C - California

In article , Dianne Lewandowski
writes:

Uhhhh, there's no pictures there .

The Day of Peace Vigil hasn't taken place yet. Got to have an event before you
can have photos.

I should have been paying closer attention to the other URL, a few months ago
it was changed to www.craft-searcher.NET due to a registration snafu and we're
still getting the hang of remembering the new version. Dot-net, dot-net,
dot-net.

Old September 12th 03, 01:54 AM
Craft-Searcher

"Joan Erickson" wrote in message
"Photos of the finished ribbon, which was over 100 feet long, are on
www.craft-searcher.com" (of which you really meant
www.craft-searcher.net ). I don't seem to find a picture of the ribbon
there, either. Or on Natalie's website (upon brief browsing). So, *is*
there a picture of this 100' ribbon somewhere??? Enquiring minds want
to know!

There is now, Joan... ;-)

http://www.craft-searcher.net/worldpeaceribbon

I just hope that Karen washing line did not collapse...

---
This email has been certified to be free from viruses.

Old September 12th 03, 01:54 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

The images are WAY too large. I'd be sittin' here another half hour
waiting for them.
For others with DSL, that might be different.
Dianne

Craft-Searcher wrote:

"Karen C - California" wrote in message

The Day of Peace Vigil hasn't taken place yet. Got to have an event

before you

can have photos.

I should have been paying closer attention to the other URL, a few months

ago

it was changed to www.craft-searcher.NET due to a registration snafu and

we're

still getting the hang of remembering the new version. Dot-net, dot-net,
dot-net.

Some of your photos are up, Karen. Here's the official weblink for the
website:

http://www.craft-searcher.net/worldpeaceribbon

Nathalie

---
This email has been certified to be free from viruses.

Old September 12th 03, 02:30 PM
Beth Katz

They are pretty slow on cable, too. I understand that this
was a first cut at showing some pictures, but several 200 KB
JPG files don't belong on a front page. Have small filesize
thumbnails that link to the big pictures. Maybe have one
larger view but smaller filesize one for impact.

It doesn't look like any of the overall pictures will do
it justice unless it's laid out in rows somehow. How do you
show something that big?

--
Beth Katz