Topic: what's your favorite embelishment?

Old September 14th 06, 02:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Alison

Default Topic: what's your favorite embelishment?

I'm a total glitter glue fanatic. A card with butterflies, dragonflies, or
flowers just isn't complete for me until there are touches of glitter
(especially on those wings!). PSX Diamond is my ultimate favorite, of
course, it isn't made anymore :-(

Alison

Old September 14th 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Maya

I am also a glitter freak, I love my ancient prisma bottles that are 12
years old, and as for new glitter, the Stardust is amazing and so fine
you need very little.
I've started using some of those little paper flowers from
India...mostly in wreath style for weddings or holidays.

Old September 14th 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Alison

Oh, I love those paper flowers! I don't buy them, because I know I'd never
use them... but sometimes I'm tempted just to have the cool bottle of pretty
flowers sitting on my desk!

What's "Stardust" glitter? I love glitter, but just can't tolerate the
mess, and more often than not reach for the glitter glue for this reason. I
have Prisma ultra fine blue-violet... oh, to have *that* in glitter-glue
form - I think I'd faint! :-)

Thanks for perking things up by responding! Come on everyone, you *know*
you're out there, stopping by even though you don't expect there to be
anything but one or two lonely ads! :-)

Alison

oups.com...

Old September 14th 06, 06:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Alison

Me again... anyone ever try this idea? Or maybe you're at home and can go
try it for us and report back? (I'm so impatient, don't want to wait to get
home and try it myself... besides, I'll probably forget by then!)

What if you have your little pot of glue, and your little pot of glitter,
and you take your fine paintbrush and pick up a touch of glue, then touch
that into the glitter, then daub that where you want it? Would the effect
be pleasing? Or would, perhaps the glue leave behind unwanted texture? Or,
maybe the texture would be a plus???

What do y'all think? Oh, I hope I can remember to give it a try.

(Of course, if anyone knows of a spectacular, ultrafine "clear" glitter
glitter-glue, I'm definitely open to suggestions!)
Alison

Old September 14th 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Maya

Alison,

I found bulk diamond dust on ebay...
http://cgi.ebay.com/DIAMOND-DUST-ADD...QQcmdZViewItem

I was trying to find "Star Dust" listed, but for some reason they are
not coming up on any websites, it's made by the confetti.com company,
and Paper ZOne carries it out here.
It has little tiny stars in it and amazing iridescent blue purples,
much smaller than the chunky glitter bottles at Michaels!

Maya

Old September 14th 06, 07:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Maya

oh duh, that's the wrong stuff...lol

sorry!

Old September 14th 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Maya

so do use stickles at all? is that too chunky? I love the clear...
Maya

Old September 14th 06, 07:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Alison

I love Stickles. The only clear Stickles I had was "Icicles" which is very
chunky. It's on my list to replace it (I've run out) with a finer version.
But, for a $2 item, I prefer not to purchase online, and my LSS is low on
Stickles stock right now. ... Which reminds me, I need to call and see if
their order has come in yet!

Alison

ps.com...

Old September 15th 06, 07:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Gina Bull

Border stickers. These are long, usually 12 inches. I'll cut them to size.
Some are ornate, and some are just strips of a solid color. I've started
putting lengths of ribbon through my Xyron to make ribbon border stickers.
I've also done this with strips of patterned paper, and with patterns that
I've printed on my inkjet printer.

I'll make an outer border, or run a length right through an element, from
one edge of the card to the other. I also use them on the diagonal across a
corner.

Gina

Old September 16th 06, 12:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Tom and Karen Brooks

I think I usually use paper as an embellishment. I put several different
layers of paper around a stamped image. I have all kinds of stickers,
glitter, buttons, ribbons and such, but I rarely use them. I don't really
know why because I love the way cards look with a little touch of
embellishment. It just doesn't seem to be my style.

Kare

--

Karen R. Brooks