mounted or unmounted

Old July 30th 03, 02:39 PM
*~*Cher*~*

Default mounted or unmounted

Which is better?
And if you like the unmounted, do you get them in sheets and cut them yourself?
Thanks for any tips!
Cher

Cherie Salo
Scrap in a Snap
Director of Consultant Polling/Sales Analysis
Scrapbook Stylist & Recruiter ID# 15767
The Crazy Cropper - www.crazycropper.com
Old July 30th 03, 05:04 PM
Pat Kight

*~*Cher*~* wrote:
Which is better?

I prefer the selection of images I can find in UMs, particularly by mail
or Internet order. There aren't a lot of stamp stores in my area, and
what stamps I find in generic craft stores tend to be a lot of the same
old, same old.

That, and you can get a lot more images for your money by buying unmounted.

And if you like the unmounted, do you get them in sheets and cut them
yourself?

Sure, when I find a themed sheet of images I like. I use sharp kitchen
shears, and cut slowly and carefully.

--
Pat Kight

Old July 30th 03, 10:17 PM
Pat Kight

Brandi wrote:
I personally prefer mounted - I like that each stamp has it's own
block! There are many advantages to unmounted stamps though - the
storage, cost etc. But, I just prefer mounted.

I usually wind up mounting my own, on blocks of scrap wood a friend with
a woodshop saves for me. I use old mouse pads and scraps of blue packing
foam (we get a lot of it at work) for cushion, and cheap rubber cement
(apply to both surfaces, let dry a bit, stick) to put it all together. I
used to do the Velcro thing, but I have more storage space now and it's
more convenient to have them all on their own mounts.

--
Pat Kight

Old July 31st 03, 10:53 PM
JoRoCo

You could consider CLING Rubber Cushion

No adhesives - No tapes

The cling rubber cushion just clings to the Acrylic bases and peels away
with ease. Easily re-applied, or stored (try empty CD ROM Jewel cases).
Supplied in sheet form for backing your own unmounteds with pressure
sensitive adhesive on one side ready to accept your images.

See -- http://www.joroco.co.uk/stamp1.htm for photographs and
information

Old August 1st 03, 06:00 AM
Christina

Well.......I love unmounted stamps! I was a bona fide, wood mounted stamp
lover.

Then I found UMs for the first time at a convention....and WOW! I was
hooked! How easy to use...how inexpensive...how easy to store! Then I
found TAC....and the stamps come WITH the cushion (EZ mount)....and there's
no glue, nothing! Just cut them out and stamp! Some come in sets, some in
sheets and some individual. Something for everyone, every style,
everything!

Good to go, as I like to say! My website has more information!

Christina
TheQueen
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Team Leader/Ind. Demo. #104 for The Angel Company
WOW! A brand new catalog for only $10!
Hundreds of samples, pictures, new stamps and more!
Ask me how you can get FREE stamps!

http://www.rubberstampsTAC.com

Old August 3rd 03, 05:51 AM
annafine

If you're looking for a way to mount unmounted stamps onto acrylic
handles, check out the companies called "The Angel Company" or "Close
to My Heart". I don't remember which it is, but one of them has
acrylic handles and a special type of mounting stuff that work over
and over again, so it does NOT need to be applied to the stamp every
time it is used.

I personally have NOT used this stuff, but some people think it is
absolutely the best stuff in the world. I actually prefer the wood
mounts.

I buy about 90% of my stamps and accessories from Stampin Up, so I am
able to cut them close and mount them myself. I do NOT like the foam
mounted stamps very well; if I do happen to find a foam mounted stamp
that I really like, I'll often take it apart and mount it on a scrap
of wood so that it's wood mounted. Also, if I buy already mounted
stamps from someplace and find that the stamp is not closely trimmed,
I'll often times take it apart, trim it and then put it back together.

I have found that with mounting on wood, if I position the stamp down
and to the right (when stamp is face up) then when I stamp with it,
the image is down and to the left; this makes it very easy for me to
position without needing something special to position the stamp in
exactly the right place. (A left handed stamper may choose to have the
stamp positioned opposite).

As far as storing your unmounted stamps, you seem to have a good
system in place. I've also heard that breaking the black plastic out
of the inside of CD cases and storing unmounted stamps in CD cases
works. Again, I have NOT tried this because I prefer the wood
mountings.

I know space is an issue for some, and I must say that I do not have
as much space as I'd like for storing and using my stamping supplies,
but I make room for the wood mounts because, to me, it seems much
easier to be able to take the stamp out and use it without having the
hassle of mounting it on an acrylic handle first.

Happy Stamping!
Old August 4th 03, 06:59 PM
Cathy Makela

Hi,

I like both wood mounted and un mounted stamps. I get the woodmounted if I
can find sales or to use up Gift certs to the more generic craft stores. Or
if I collect certain style stamps. Most of what I get is unmounted though
and I keep them in a now burgeoning binder in 9 pocket sports card protector
sheets and I have included and filled bigger 4 pocket sized protective
sheets as well.

I use the acrylic block/ cushion/cling film system and i have found that at
dollar stores you can usually get the decorative holiday window static
cling- ons that work really well for me for all but the largest stamps.
Sometimes the you have to work around the decorative cut outs on the window
clings but its far cheaper at the dollar store than the $4-$5 per sheet of
craft store "cling film"

If I thnk I'll be using an unmounted stamp alot I'll mount it to a wood
block myself. I use double sided sticky foam cushion on the stamp to adhere
it to either the window cling or the wooden mount. To index it I just
stamp the image on a whitish card stock in waterproof ink and cut around the
image to fit the block and then use clear packing tape to cover the image
and affix it to the block.

I have found that smaller unmounted stamps can be used pretty easily
without cushion or blocks if you dont mind inky fingers but the larger
stamps tend to get too floppy for nice printing and I've had problems with
the centers of the larger stamps not printing well without a cushion and a
block of sorts..

Happy stamping,
Cathy

Old August 4th 03, 08:08 PM
*~*Cher*~*

Ladies!
Thank you SO much for all your answers! Wow! Thank you Thank you!!
I have LOTS to learn I can see that!!
HUGS

"*~*Cher*~*" wrote in message ...
Which is better?
And if you like the unmounted, do you get them in sheets and cut them yourself?
Thanks for any tips!
Cher

Cherie Salo
Scrap in a Snap
Director of Consultant Polling/Sales Analysis
Scrapbook Stylist & Recruiter ID# 15767
The Crazy Cropper - www.crazycropper.com
GIF89a\0\0\0**Ϫ򰊡uɍrqk÷S &"rl캸ֲةNHmY ȡb;fO|zjhBE Ŗ1Ȩ򒆉ƲvϾz`p.M ሀwUP(ӸL?A§Ŵʱݻ䕬 r55Vϻ!чb~vz⷟*Y ww㏷ס^^UmǢtG쨂ds4_X\ž*JZ *qFbC DDffUU1=Un 7Σ\0\0\0\0! NETSCAPE2.0\0\0\0!, \0,\0\0\0\0\0\0\0}~ *~+Q)©
U/gϯš8QQ
+}
!

/88p!қ~!G
4:ES*2!IM=@'J 8`xA 8dZϔ-pAD8sB T(s&Eg|;s(Rx&$V,)$ '+tJ "ʇ+
p8(ӣƕ
RS:Z:#'P\0"Di2rI`
.g`aW /ذQ 4$AAb(t:ɗ\0\0dç'||CΪ8-ǒ'ϛ/${\ɰBC`[nr0w3:|$c) Ps*I78t*Bn| (@EVAe\0Aa` tJl
(F@$ Tp* s|s:
4B
pP/|h*p@# A
F'A k`*A;pFaC"\0 \\Hv &!l0
x%XT@qxL`GA~0+'Y Bʊ/(%VlC8pޢ!4\0G԰\09`&LEk! L1 "G~p#(.G1qa*u
r,*Ɩ
t(K4A*@0kf,RG! xivpPF'Tȡ\&FP&bRrIVgsѼ|jI AgEfAeFB
/К `60C򁒂P1ft^,qjG@abG 6]dKpx9G\04*qcB^;cW* B Rb@\q
 rB(j\0l!k0&ĐJ|ۧ՜Xr٩pX ᎟3
6?\0)@ 2r8@#p #QP5|К@Zx\0^)hZRX0%0\01,./A\0LЇLO
F6df`? !u| \08HrS
lX\0\0?+\0^;X2!\04`89
p\0P8*zPH@0\0PbC \09 ) + q'5'Xs$E[9s @59
|Зr( [́u c.)?vCO*\0+4Ѐ*CPƖ@ 2d \0^0 PR*\0*\0)5s8F-}8zb0G*;c4n"88H\0b&
glc&$ :#;\0 8CVЀ= `\0`^\3

s $A
Sdz8崮vbf\0(9ڗ@R?R, [M؉
psQycOx
! #+0k*_`5r*ٳU7FxQkԍt b
@
@+v\0
CP%A p*L4(& ,5@

\0:*dѻ
g½x7XoKJNPb(B`
P* 3 @AI r=L D*'R
D@ƨW\0@*9B( D`(A \*7@FF*@
4
6V&\ x\s,$ \0 RMA
\0`
R00`
a@
tuPZ Kp(0f
h` ?\0`h@S&`X_[
l\0Bذ%zDb;  C
7Mo5 'Pn[n0
,;0A$#)Ѐ#@CEh@\00/GĜP-0A%aT;\0aH%u\0R _X# M7E`8*c?| C Q3k0Y
Hn׀ Msa3n
WUr!bf`0'm@V */(6' 㗂OW9x) ~@s \0A20m*0X
yB Q 5O*p\0`ʶ \P|d@XP\09r@@84@لx@
$\0@"d
pN/A\0?*l}.p3wlxa† St~9R445U/2aQu;V4@v@'c^FtRhL2m AO3x4B GǂNp\@"@\0\pm4  V$V
Ds::8"/Y46 5$\0:c3Epr4'cX|2@;St@8 (E Q(v3㌢R#~p/etelqlMH\0[0}\0H" 牒W\0T
FEPR:#ٴF\0pF4#A 'Q94̇BA|Qd+ #dQG3Et@I8!?r'?%
#\0$0 \00 xU{0wF`PqFu8LT@$9Fv%t3RAFc t@]RI6C$Q/.'#dGTW8~\0~xG;—9?rx]aEt296@[P 0\0 CZq*J*0@r;tGR+9C3*yx8"'K R9L44SFCyeMH$7GR:R4R\0Eb œԙ:隰F KI$ )[6\0\0+\0HpU5$A|4\:3MAR .SSR9O*)՗t*'Měs@6#E\0Yt *~*a(*2* [X4@:sN#@,lw?\0"K\0Vd\0֦n AC^ueL6bKʱ9QY^4r9~550Xu*_+6bL 1KQv;ecj6QdQ*# YWÏgг`\0I5\007\0w*8 **#]]LK%pbR^K5ի'ӫ^6r]eU㬎e^t"]gS*C]Y^+\0C0y"@pVeb7jpr\0 b*47.O\0gyZH0|=\0*Pww¯@\0Ae \0Rp"\0~R7=pD`&7[N
[fU'\05RU-P=P`PMEjbvfKv+3\0A\0V7r, Хh`9+T\0Z=[ \0Hp0
@PJ`,1K,P\0H
Q(nSS;7@`H 9Pd0USMPyW-?0=V`\0$ 0VP`\0O0|W S8p
 h\0J PpsCgջ˾t;[{\0!,\0,7\0
\0\0.\0\0~Fqq* pr|i@IY|tTYs\0|vp\0\0vrk66bE|q|p*t u~p|FӄYTptŔL26h\0tFܙs\0u|\022LfcL 4/?KΜTϽRhLŀJrŒ&6;vO*ژ ƀ!$q'*HFHQ93%Ҙ5L0#%Qá ֗aY*!H#+9"@9l,ټId PWe'GԌ1F\0}f|d\0cɩ"=q)S **E]rԉ\*T0`$[*VNkz *@&0#hnSlN!W4hB[T_!Q6 i\c\0L 6 r:gH;
FمgBUPy&\0@,QTf4R Em@Ă[o * `G1 xM\O6FTȎr6SNO|@LM5T#^HB
*ƐD&"^֨iY4$u\u]AFH;6 /e4ܜAm|d*G0oNY7NsXH 8\0^`U$1CQ|a:s"G-W}A.2="]MA#it*,.tC`_RPR|R,V"b@
|rA "t.Di$,`)դ!}!fR=]Ҥ@FX\wrʸQ_ S\;EfW#a@} B$HaZp ܥ[ B5uBY
!pGu"Z[avk[GaYvx3ra"+K䂰 x0GnJ]%\0wǒ T0ꬷH[g.n)2Jl ط8œH.KOr1GI0RP-"25\NL!
((3\0$)y_(vXPCD3 -A
"BK')"gu8!Lj`hSDdQ".
\0v1\kr* x],f6^OaevY"ѰFq jk%
2?x%8sIPEoD**Y`|\0u8Q
ASq?EkCUR/Q4/L)!:F*qjP$D"G` 4䪞 ,iˈ: *2fME*~&gj`**C#,I'FKtΏYi ̓4c0D .s"&ʈ-u' dbgz*DE"}*.i, hLLKxP0@TOr " nҔSI.5A",)Y!w QA΢&gc@H񤓁 9q =u_1_B!ҕ(8\ qp\^TuЧ듄`f̤:NvxLKۀ %V*i*{mR[*!kG A-kjIIf͍!Ђ*%(^oOj蝆 ^[@݄K_KL\0;