Q-Snap sit-on or lap frame suggestions needed

Old January 22nd 05, 09:29 PM
Kathy Tabb

Default Q-Snap sit-on or lap frame suggestions needed

Hello group,
I've been lurking here for a long time and contributed hardly
anything so feel guilty for asking a question, but here goes.
Hope it hasn't been covered recently.
I use the Q-snap frames almost exclusively for cross-stitch
projects and have always hand-held them. Sometimes I prop them up
against the bracket of a floor stand I have (the Q-snap frame
always slips out of the bracket on the floor frame.) I've seen
some web sites that show various floor frames that claim to hold
the Q-snaps, but I'd really like to have a "sit-on" type frame to
use with these. I would need one that is adjustable in height
between the "sit-on" part and the frame itself as I am quite
large in the leg and I think I'd need extra space there to work
comfortably. A lap frame may be the thing as long as it's not
too high --- because I'm short. It would nice if it were
adjustable in height.
Have any of you used that embroidery hoop table/lap stand I
see in the catalogs? What do you think of them? Do you think
they would work from your lap?
I sure would appreciate any suggestions and web site pointers
you have.

Thanks,
Kathy

Old January 24th 05, 05:26 AM
Darla

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:29:45 -0500, "Kathy Tabb"
wrote:

[...]

www.gripitplus.com

I use their floor stand and their table-clamp model, both in the
Deluxe option. Don't have a bit of trouble with my QSnaps in the
Deluxe's clamping device. They also have a sit-on model.
Darla
Sacred cows make great hamburgers.
Picture Trail Gallery: www.picturetrail.com User Name: Condorita
www.sisquoc.blog-city.com
Get naked to respond.
Old January 24th 05, 04:59 PM
Julie K. Eitze

I too use the Grip-it-plus sit on it. It has an upgrade, not sure what it's
called, that has a rotating bar with adjustable clamps on both ends to hold
the corners of the Q-snaps. I also now use their grip it quick scroll
frames, which I really love. They use Q-snap clamps on a 3/4 " scroll bar
with rubbermaid shelf liner strip on both sides of the fabric. Never once
have they slipped off! HTH
Julie In Hondo

Old January 24th 05, 05:46 PM
Kathy Tabb

Thanks Darla, I went to their website, and then found it at
Joann's website with a 40% off coupon. So I ordered it. I
appreciate your response!
Kathy