Christmas clear-out!

Old December 1st 11, 05:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Default Christmas clear-out!

Howdy!

At Hobby Lobby, they're clearing out the Christmas gear.
All the decorations, the doo-dads & gee-gaws, the fancy décor,
the country clutter, the shiny bits & bobs, the ornaments & trees
& dishes & garlands - if it says "Christmas", it's OUT'a here!
Disappointing, but not surprising.
50% discount on most of it, of course. This does NOT include
lights, tho', dadgummit!

What are they gonna' sell for the rest of the year?
Maybe they can give quilting classes & demos & show&tell in all
that empty space.

R/Sandy - - - mumble, mumble

"As the Grinch took the tree, as he started to shove,
He heard a small sound like the coo of a dove.

He turned around fast, and he saw a small Who!
Little Cindy-Lou Who, who was no more than two.

She stared at the Grinch and said, "Santy Claus, why,
Why are you taking our Christmas tree? Why?" "

Old December 1st 11, 04:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

They must be worried they are going to be stuck with it all?
Hobby Lobby is just moving into this area so I am not familiar
with them. I guess they could sell us summer swim suits but
that isn't their kind of merchandise. I really am making a big
effort to stay away from import kind of stuff I don't need. I bet
much of HL is that. If you go out on a boat ride from Long Beach
to Catalina (26 miles across the sea you know) there are thousands
of massive container ships waiting to bring in all the imports stuff.
Ever since I saw the size and amounts of those ships I really try.
Not only imported but much of it disposable. Bah, humbug, sadly.
Taria

Old December 1st 11, 05:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

They need to make room for all that Easter and St. Patricks Day decor.

Keep up girl, the 4th of July goods will be here in April :-)

marcella

Old December 2nd 11, 07:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

On Dec 1, 9:38*am, "Taria" wrote:
They must be worried they are going to be stuck with it all?
Hobby Lobby is just moving into this area so I am not familiar
with them. *I guess they could sell us summer swim suits but
that isn't their kind of merchandise. * I really am making a big
effort to stay away from import kind of stuff I don't need. *I bet
much of HL is that. *If you go out on *a boat ride from Long Beach
to Catalina (26 miles across the sea you know) there are thousands
of massive container ships waiting to bring in all the imports stuff.
Ever since I saw the size and amounts of those ships I really try.
Not only imported but much of it disposable. Bah, humbug, sadly.
Taria

"Sandy E" *wrote in ...

Hobby Lobby has been around here forever. I think as the story goes,
the
enterpreneur who created it started it in his garage or something in
OKC.
They always do that with the Christmas stuff. (and never include trees
or lights until the last minute!)
After Christmas, it goes all
the way to 80% off. Then they move in the garden gazing balls and some
such,
well, right after the Valentine stuff, St. Patty's day stuff, etc.
etc.
I hate that they've dedicated so much store space to import stuff.
Some of it
is really gorgeous christmas stuff.
What I *really* hate about it is, the quilting section shrunk, the
knitting section
shrunk, the cross stitch section about disappeared. But if you're a
scrap-booker,
they seem to have a plethora of supplies.

Sherry
Old December 2nd 11, 02:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

DH and I love to prowl the Hobby Lobby in Mobile AL every couple of months.
I'm not so sure that they will welcome DH again however. He discovered an
entire section of wind chimes. Tuned cylinders, glass, wood . . . even
rocks. Naturally he had to test them all. That store is clean, bright,
well-stocked, always has the little list of strange things I need, quiet
gentle music and very helpful staff. Polly

Old December 2nd 11, 08:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Who knows Mr. Esther might have helped sell a set of wind chimes
or two. The HL is allegedly opening very near here in the closed up
Best Buy building. (Best Buy relocated to the empty Circuit City)
HL will be really close and handy for thread and
that kind of stuff. Joann's is actually building a new store in this
area but it won't be as convenient to get to as their old decrepit
store. They don't let me out much or too far.
Taria

Old December 2nd 11, 08:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Default Christmas clear-out! & MIA

Howdy!

I went in to Hobby Lobby for some kind of stake to hold down
the outdoor angels & trees (made god knows where); found some
metal stakes for lights, which will do. And noted that all the
Christmas stuff was on "clearance", w/ clerks loading carts w/
merchandise, faster than customers could grab it.
While I understand the concept of "It's a CRAFT store, for
Make-Ahead Projects", I'm thinking of people who are just now
starting their Christmas décor shopping because it's DECEMBER!!!
for corn's sake! I don't buy much there (usually don't have
what I'm looking for, &/or it's cheap stuff), but check in just
the same. Home Depot does this, too, taking down all their
Christmas stuff 3 or 4 weeks before Christmas- sheesh! I guess
we're supposed (I don't suppose, but merchants do) to go to
The Mall to see Christmas décor. I don't DO the mall during
the Holidays.

Yesterday, our quilting bee had our Holiday Lunch & Gift Exchange;
we meet at (my) church, this time in the parlor, which just happens
to be decorated in the most lovely way (g). I had picked up
a fabric-covered HL basket, loaded it w/ hand towels & some fat quarters
(always have a few towels & fabric around here) & some peppermint jelly
beans. What a hit! I chose a package that contained a really cool,
large plastic box for holding ALL my Gütermann thread.

Good luck w/ shopping for Made In America products. That's been
a goal for several groups this year (including ABC News). I, too,
have seen those shipping containers (both oceans & the Gulf): whew!
My Cruiser road the rails from Mexico. 8-}

R/Sandy

Old December 3rd 11, 01:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Vampire angels? Sorry, it just popped into my head. Reading too much
fiction.
Roberta in D

Clear envelopes Kiteflyer Quilting 7 March 1st 08 05:33 PM
FA: 6 CHRISTMAS Books: Christmas Crafts, Christmas Tree Ornaments, Last Minute Christmas Gifts, etc. Sandy Marketplace 0 December 9th 05 02:49 AM
OT - I got the all clear Jalynne Beads 9 May 22nd 04 10:02 AM
OT - I have the all clear Jalynne Quilting 14 May 22nd 04 02:26 AM
Clear Ornaments Karen C - California Needlework 0 January 5th 04 03:28 AM