Back from retreat

Old November 10th 03, 09:45 PM
Suequiltmail

Default Back from retreat

Hi all,

I got back yesterday evening from my quiting retreat.

There were 52 people there at one time or another during the 3 days.
We all had plenty of room (about 4 to a gigantically big round table),
4 ironing boards (two on opposite sides of the room), and several
long tables in two spots for layouts/cutting. A snack table, lots of
water, tea and coffee. No phone; no kids; no husbands (although
three did come "visit" and look at what everyone was making).

Women from our guild and two others, as well as several out of
town guests and one from another sate attended, and we were
all so happy!

Several women had brought cut tops to stitch up and completed them,
one woman even making two full size tops (it wasn't me). Several
ladies were hand appliqueing various projects one after the other (not
me, either).

I worked on the exchange blocks from four exchanges I'm in and finished
them, one embellished, and one exchange was three blocks. I felt good
about that, because I was learning new blocks and deciding if I liked them
enough to do a big project, which is the reason I participate in the first
place.
I also re-learned blanket stitching (been 20 years) from my friend who
originally taught me to applique, so I could finish the charity quilt I had
pieced this spring. Will finish it up this week if my family leaves me alone.

The best part of the retreat was spending time with the women I didn't
know well and had just met, getting to know them.

We hit the LQS and helped her make her rent for the month, and ate great
food, stopped in at an antique store, and just had a relaxing time. I really
enjoy Lake Chelan. Was pretty cold, though.

Back to reality and laundry.

SueB
Old November 11th 03, 02:00 PM
Musicmaker

the retreat sound so nice - I'm glad you were able to go and have such a
good time!

--
Cindy Bettinger

http://photos.yahoo.com/cbet_99
http://www.one-eleven.net/~music/
http://simplymusic.net

Old November 12th 03, 01:30 AM
Coleen

Sue --

Welcome home. Sounds like you had a most wonderful time and I am just a
little jealous.

Love in Stitches,

Coleen
Queen of Loving Stitches

Old November 12th 03, 01:33 AM
shhdesigns

Hi Sue B
Sounds like you had a good time. I enjoyed my retreat also! Here's to our
next ones. I put a check in for another one in March with a teacher doing
surface embellishments for quilters. Fingers crossed my check gets picked
on Saturday.

--
Sandi in New Westminster B.C.
Queen of Travelogues