Vintage machine questions

Old March 26th 12, 04:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AuntK

Default Vintage machine questions

Who here is the resident vintage machine expert??? There was a thread
a while back that someone listed all the various vintage machines they
had. Can't remember who it was or the thread and my searches on
various members names and other terms has yielded nothing helpful. I
need some Singer serial number help - specifically model sub numbers
(i.e., 15-91, etc).

TIA

Kim in NJ
Old March 26th 12, 06:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Janner

On 26/03/2012 17:35, AuntK wrote:
Who here is the resident vintage machine expert??? There was a thread
a while back that someone listed all the various vintage machines they
had. Can't remember who it was or the thread and my searches on
various members names and other terms has yielded nothing helpful. I
need some Singer serial number help - specifically model sub numbers
(i.e., 15-91, etc).

TIA

Kim in NJ

I'm no expert, but I have several machines......

http://www.singerco.com/support/machine-serial-numbers
http://www.sandman-collectibles.com/...r-machines.htm

Hope this helps.

Janner
France

Old March 26th 12, 09:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AuntK

On Mar 26, 1:07*pm, Janner
wrote:
On 26/03/2012 17:35, AuntK wrote:

Who here is the resident vintage machine expert??? *There was a thread
a while back that someone listed all the various vintage machines they
had. *Can't remember who it was or the thread and my searches on
various members names and other terms has yielded nothing helpful. *I
need some Singer serial number help - specifically model sub numbers
(i.e., 15-91, etc).

TIA

Kim in NJ

I'm no expert, but I have several machines......

http://www.singerco.com/support/mach...r-machines.htm

Hope this helps.

Janner
France

Janner, thanks so much. I've been to those sites with various
different serial numbers and so far have gotten nothing but a basic
model number, 15; 66; whatever. I can't seem to find a site where I
can find machine model numbers with the sub-numbers included. I've
seen so many people reference vintage machines with those sub numbers
but can't find out where to find them. Been so frustrating. I have
the base/table which was my great grandmother's. No one in the family
seems to know what became of the machine. Based on - I think it's the
ISMACs site - I can see the cabinet and which model machines will fit
it but it specifies model and sub number. I had the cabinet restored
and just want to find a machine that will fit it and be able to use
it! It's been a frustrating journey. But I keep plugging away.

Thanks again.

Kim in NJ