not receiving any posts from RTCQ

Old September 23rd 12, 02:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

Default not receiving any posts from RTCQ

I haven't updated RCTQ in two days so was expecting several posts.
Just hit the button to update and there are no posts. Now I know this
entire group could not be quiet for even 24 hours let along 48! I will
post this and check in a few minutes to see it appears.

Susan

Old September 23rd 12, 03:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

It has been several hours since my last post. I finally had time to
check and my post was the only one received. This is strange. Am I the
only one left? Did the group disband and not tell me? I didn't hear
any trumpets.

Susan

Old September 23rd 12, 04:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Di Maloney[_3_]

Hi Susan,

It has been very quiet and even some of my posts have not appeared.

Hopefully, it will get better soon.

Di

Old September 23rd 12, 04:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Hi Susan, I see you here from so cal. Where has everyone gone?
Things been crazy here but getting some quilting done just so I
don't go bonkers.
Happy Autumn to all!
Taria

Old September 23rd 12, 07:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Some are on fb. Not many. Some read but do not participate. The lurkers are
still here but silent. I have so much loved the friendship of rctq. Comes to
me the words of Susan Lucci ( Erica Kane) from a soap opera no longer
existing: We will not dwell on what is gone but be grateful for what has
been. Polly

Old September 23rd 12, 08:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

I have recently had about a month when my ISP was unable to collect
Usenet newsgroup messages. So, I have been bereft. When the service
was resumed, I did notice that there were even fewer posts than before.
I had sent a test message also, but that didn't appear - with the
collection troubles I had been experiencing I wasn't surprised. I know
I always will get fewer posts, as I delete threads which are solely
America based - like good shops and local shows etc. When I got my
service back, over 200 messages were collected, but only about half this
number actually appeared on my screen. I presume this was because of my
'selection'.

I fear that, when a division of any kind happens, in any sphere, neither
'side' benefits.

I agree with Polly in a way; but I do regret the passing of the long and
interesting discussions we have had and the friendships made. I wonder
if it is anything to do with the rapid growth of short and instant
contacts around the world; and the prevalence of smart phones, Skype and
other technologies? Technology has developed so much over the ten years
or so that I have been a member here. Mind you, I don't even have a lap
top; I inherited my late mother-in-law's mobile phone - it makes calls,
but nothing else; I have never sent a text; I have nothing 'wireless'
(my router has the facility, but that is because I could get nothing
else when the old one died! The router itself is plugged in safely!!).

I rejoice in the members who are 'left' and who do still contribute. I
am trying to work out how to use Flickr to show some photos. I hadn't
used it for a while, and, when I returned, everything was different.
There will be a post from me with those links, whenever/if ever I get
the means worked out. If not, I will change to another site. Without
an in-house guru anymore, these molehills for some, are Himalayas for
me!!
..
In message , Susan Laity
Price writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old September 23rd 12, 12:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AuntK

wrote:
I haven't updated RCTQ *in two days so was expecting several posts.
Just hit the button to update and there are no posts. Now I know this
entire group could not be quiet for even 24 hours let along 48! I will
post this and check in a few minutes to see it appears.

Susan

I must admit to being one of the those that frequently reads but don't
post that often. Most of the group have seemed to dispersed to
elsewhere. It is sad as this is where I learned many things in my
quilting life over the many years I've been here. I've also had meet-
ups with some of the folks here that have been so much fun and I'm so
grateful to have had the opportunity. I know some folks are on
facebook. I also see some on www.quiltingboard.com. I'm not sure
that it's technology in, and of, itself that is decreasing the
activity here. With the explosion of the internet over the years,
there are many more sites for people to use. I see a great decrease
in 'usenet' groups overall. What once used to be about the only way
to communicate with people worldwide there are now many other sources
for that with blogs, etc. But it's just not the same, at least for
me. I'm glad to see us diehards here.

Kim in NJ
Old September 23rd 12, 01:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells[_3_]

I changed to Picassa Pat, found it more user friendly.

I facebook, but there aren't really many postings there - mainly on
topic as people seem to use it when they want to post pictures. Not lot
of OT general chat, which is really where you get to 'know' people. Have
some of the Group as my personal facebook friends, but posts on non RCTQ
facebook are often geared towards peoples' family or games (which I
block). I know I joined facebook as an added means of communicating with
family.

A lot of the familiar names just seem to have vanished altogether.

Me? - mass producing quilts, balls, fabric books, toys, etc. (for the
only grandchild I will get!) and looking at the UFOs pre-Reuben and
thinking 'one day I will finish you!'

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

On 23/09/2012 08:21, Pat S wrote:
[...]

.
In message , Susan Laity
Price writes

Old September 23rd 12, 03:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

I check this group everyday. Sometimes my replies go through, often they do not. Sorry, there is no facebook in this house.
Over the years this group has been my sanity saver, font of information, inspiring and hugging and caring circle of friends. Some precious friendships have been made here, with wonderful meet-ups. If this group goes off into the sunset, I will grieve it mightily.

Ginger in CA