WOOHOOO! Patti's book!!

Old November 16th 07, 11:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers[_3_]

Default WOOHOOO! Patti's book!!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:
Anne-

The book is sooooo beautifully written and wonderfully organized that any
quilter with a good background in the basics could make any one of the
quilts with ease! I promise you/anybody with some time and a little
concentration all of Pat's gorgeous quilts are very, very doable. It's a
marvelous book and Pat did a fantastic job! And you'll love the technical
descriptions of the quilts- which are something us non-mathematicians can
just lightly skim over- appreciating the thought but not much understanding
the theory. ;-)

I meant more that I don't have the experience to write a book, hopefully
I'd be able to tackle most of the quilts, I may be relatively new to
quilting, but I think the mathematician in me finds some techniques
easier, such as foundation piecing, it was obvious to me what it was
doing, getting the fabric the right way round is only something that
happens if I think I've already laid it out correctly, not because I'm
struggling to figure it out. Resizing blocks, dealing with on point etc.
are all no brainers for me - I tend to not see the value of tables of
measurements because the obvious thing to me is to produce a quick
spreadsheet! I think anyone can quilt, but finding these things easy is
rather nice, it means I only have to concentrate on the skills - and
they need as much work as I can give!

Cheers

Anne
Old November 17th 07, 12:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

a testimonial like that ought to be put up on amazon
and anyone else who has the book already and loves it.
ennaej

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote...
Anne-

The book is sooooo beautifully written and wonderfully
organized that any quilter with a good background in the
basics could make any one of the quilts with ease! I
promise you/anybody with some time and a little
concentration all of Pat's gorgeous quilts are very, very
doable. It's a marvelous book and Pat did a fantastic
job! And you'll love the technical descriptions of the
quilts- which are something us non-mathematicians can just
lightly skim over- appreciating the thought but not much
understanding the theory. ;-)
Leslie, Missy & The Furbabies in MO.

Old November 17th 07, 02:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie NJ

I told my LQS about the book and Toby (the owner) is searching a
source for the book. If there is any way to get it, Toby will find a
way.
Bonnie
NJ
On Nov 16, 7:14 pm, "nzlstar*" wrote:
a testimonial like that ought to be put up on amazon
and anyone else who has the book already and loves it.
ennaej

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote...

Anne-

The book is sooooo beautifully written and wonderfully
organized that any quilter with a good background in the
basics could make any one of the quilts with ease! I
promise you/anybody with some time and a little
concentration all of Pat's gorgeous quilts are very, very
doable. It's a marvelous book and Pat did a fantastic
job! And you'll love the technical descriptions of the
quilts- which are something us non-mathematicians can just
lightly skim over- appreciating the thought but not much
understanding the theory. ;-)
Leslie, Missy & The Furbabies in MO.- Hide quoted text -

Old November 17th 07, 04:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"nzlstar*" wrote:

a testimonial like that ought to be put up on amazon
and anyone else who has the book already and loves it.
ennaej

What a good idea, Jeanne! I've just gone to Amazon and done just that.
It should be posted within a couple of days.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old November 17th 07, 08:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

http://tinyurl.com/37g9yl

its up now, Sandy, well done.
goooooooooooooooooooooo PAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
woooooooohooooooooooooooooooo.
still hanging in the south pacific
ennaej

"Sandy" wrote...

Old November 17th 07, 09:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Replied privately re US agent.
..
In message
,
Bonnie NJ writes

I told my LQS about the book and Toby (the owner) is searching a
source for the book. If there is any way to get it, Toby will find a
way.
Bonnie
NJ

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old November 17th 07, 09:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Oh Wow! This is unbelievable.
Thank you Sandy and Jeanne. So very, very kind.
..
In message , Sandy
writes

Old November 17th 07, 09:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Now I'm just gaping and speechless . . . Oh my word ... ...
I honestly never thought this sort of thing would happen to me - I've
got a total body blush.
..

In message , nzlstar*
writes

Old November 17th 07, 01:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

Is the book going to be sold by amazon eventually? All they have now is
individuals selling "used" books by listing on amazon. I have put it on
my amazon wish list.

Julia in MN

Patti wrote:
Oh Tutu, thank you ever so much for this 'endorsement' g. I'm
thrilled that you like your book. It's wonderful to read 'feed-back'
like this. I feel so relieved and happy that all the struggles were
worth it - that the end product can give satisfaction.
I think I'm glowing! (but there's no-one else awake here to ask) g
Thanks again. I really do appreciate it.
.
In message , Tutu Haynes-Smart
writes
My copy of "Geometrical Quilts" arrived yesterday and it is just as
perfect
as one would expect from our Pat!!

We have probably all benefited from her careful advice in the past -
and, as
you would expect, the instructions in the book are some of the
clearest and
best set out I have ever seen.

The photos are smashing and there are amazingly detailed sketches where
necessary as well.

Oh - and as a bonus for those who get totally flumoxed when told to
"Quilt
as desired", Pat has given detailed quilting patterns WITH arrows for
continuous machine quilting.

Do whatever you can to lay your hands on a copy!!

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old November 17th 07, 01:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
witchystitcher

Congratulations! And I feel like I "know" a celebrity!

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 09:29:50 +0000, Patti
wrote:

Now I'm just gaping and speechless . . . Oh my word ... ...
I honestly never thought this sort of thing would happen to me - I've
got a total body blush.
.

In message , nzlstar*
writes
http://tinyurl.com/37g9yl

its up now, Sandy, well done.
goooooooooooooooooooooo PAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
woooooooohooooooooooooooooooo.
still hanging in the south pacific
ennaej

Linda