WOOHOOO! Patti's book!!

Old November 14th 07, 06:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tutu Haynes-Smart

Default WOOHOOO! Patti's book!!

My copy of "Geometrical Quilts" arrived yesterday and it is just as perfect
as one would expect from our Pat!!

We have probably all benefited from her careful advice in the past - and, as
you would expect, the instructions in the book are some of the clearest and
best set out I have ever seen.

The photos are smashing and there are amazingly detailed sketches where
necessary as well.

Oh - and as a bonus for those who get totally flumoxed when told to "Quilt
as desired", Pat has given detailed quilting patterns WITH arrows for
continuous machine quilting.

Do whatever you can to lay your hands on a copy!!

--
Cheers for now
Tutu

Old November 14th 07, 08:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Oh Tutu, thank you ever so much for this 'endorsement' g. I'm
thrilled that you like your book. It's wonderful to read 'feed-back'
like this. I feel so relieved and happy that all the struggles were
worth it - that the end product can give satisfaction.
I think I'm glowing! (but there's no-one else awake here to ask) g
Thanks again. I really do appreciate it.
..
In message , Tutu Haynes-Smart
writes
My copy of "Geometrical Quilts" arrived yesterday and it is just as perfect
as one would expect from our Pat!!

We have probably all benefited from her careful advice in the past - and, as
you would expect, the instructions in the book are some of the clearest and
best set out I have ever seen.

The photos are smashing and there are amazingly detailed sketches where
necessary as well.

Oh - and as a bonus for those who get totally flumoxed when told to "Quilt
as desired", Pat has given detailed quilting patterns WITH arrows for
continuous machine quilting.

Do whatever you can to lay your hands on a copy!!

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old November 14th 07, 10:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Hear hear!

So many books are so similar you get mixed up between them, but Pat's is
something completely different and therefore doubley desireable.

I think I have decided which to do first, but on the other hand....

And yes, for me having quilting patterns given is a big bonus - thats
where I usually peer at the photos trying to get inspiration - but there
it is, all set out. The quilting in the pictures is beautiful too, Pat.

Perhaps we should have a special gallery for Completed Geometrical
Quilts - though at my speed I would be a late contributor!

Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk

Old November 14th 07, 11:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Oh Sally, thank you, too. I'm so elated this morning!

I think I might have sent yours before I had the idea of a gallery.
Later ones have had a little note in asking for a picture of what the
ladies (so far!) make. So, I really would love a picture and will make
a gallery - cyber and physical.

In message , Sally Swindells
writes

Old November 14th 07, 03:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

'They' say that perfectionists are never pleased. Well. They are wrong.
Not only are we pleased occasionally, we are wildly, madly, deliriously
pleased. Patti's book is exquisite. It is wonderful. I am practically
speechless. =)
The book is Geometrical Quilts by Pat Storey, publisher Tarquin
Publications and it is truly a treasure. I have not been able to find an
online source just yet but you can order one from the author. We are so
proud to name her as one of our own.
I was hoping that Pat would have a picture of herself on the back
cover - perhaps racing down 'the Hill' in her snazzy car or snuggling a wee
wild hare. Maybe for the 2nd edition? Congratulations, Pat. Polly

Old November 14th 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Oh Polly, what wonderful things to say. Thank you so much.
One of the first things I asked Andrew (publisher!) was whether I would
*have* to have a picture on the cover!!!! He said 'not obligatory', so
I never raised it again gg (and won't!).
..
In message , Polly Esther
writes

Old November 14th 07, 04:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Tutu Haynes-Smart" wrote:

My copy of "Geometrical Quilts" arrived yesterday and it is just as perfect
as one would expect from our Pat!!

We have probably all benefited from her careful advice in the past - and, as
you would expect, the instructions in the book are some of the clearest and
best set out I have ever seen.

The photos are smashing and there are amazingly detailed sketches where
necessary as well.

Oh - and as a bonus for those who get totally flumoxed when told to "Quilt
as desired", Pat has given detailed quilting patterns WITH arrows for
continuous machine quilting.

Do whatever you can to lay your hands on a copy!!

Omigosh! Mine just came, too! It's gorgeous! I've only just had time
to glance quickly at it, but I'm planning a nice long read in the next
few days. Pat, it's everything you'd hoped it would be and more!
Congratulations author!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old November 14th 07, 05:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Thanks Sandy. I do hope you enjoy it. There's quite a bit of meat in
it g
Have fun!
..
In message , Sandy
writes

Old November 15th 07, 05:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Laurie G.

I must've been on vacation when this was announced............where is the
info on Pat's book? Even if we can't order it online can we _see_ it online
somewhere? How exciting for you Pat!!!!!! I wish you great success!!!

Laurie G. in CA

Old November 15th 07, 09:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
quiltyjoan

"Patti" wrote in message
[...]

hi Pat,
finally we got to the Post Office to collect The Book - coming back
home on the bus I only just restrained myself from peeping! Got home,
cup of coffee, sit down at the table, open parcel, and wowee! What an
absolute delight! You should have a medal for layout, another from
the Plain English Society and another from The Quilters Guild for
execution. It can't be faulted on any grounds whatsoever. Now to
decide which one to make my life's work. It's going with me today to
my Thursday afternoon group, they can all marvel at it too!

Thanks for brightening up our lives

Joan
Coventry UK