What 'cha lookin' for??

Old October 21st 06, 01:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jeri

Default What 'cha lookin' for??

Georg wrote:
I'm always looking for plumbing related fabric, from toilets to
privies ideally. I don't know if there ever has been such an animal
but if it ever exists, I want some.

snip

This isn't fabric but I found it when I did a search for outhouse on
quiltshops.com. Unique to say the least! lol
http://www.bighornquilts.com/cgi-bin...pid=1#kt004-0h
--
Jeri
"Change is inevitable, except from vending machines."

Old October 21st 06, 02:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Not *yet* fabric, perhaps, Georg! But, if you really want some, get a
plumbers' catalogue, photograph what you want, and then do some
transferring from the photographs to fabric.
I've seen this done more and more - and I love the results.
..
In message , Georg
writes
I'm always looking for plumbing related fabric, from toilets to privies
ideally. I don't know if there ever has been such an animal but if it
ever exists, I want some.

I like a wider variety of fabrics, from purples to batiks to Civil War
repro to stuff suited for crazy quilts, but that's a like and not a
Need.

-georg

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 21st 06, 03:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Georg

Jeri wrote:
Georg wrote:
I'm always looking for plumbing related fabric, from toilets to
privies ideally. I don't know if there ever has been such an animal
but if it ever exists, I want some.

snip

This isn't fabric but I found it when I did a search for outhouse on
quiltshops.com. Unique to say the least! lol
http://www.bighornquilts.com/cgi-bin...pid=1#kt004-0h

I hadn't seen that!

Thanks!

-georg
Old October 21st 06, 03:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Georg

Patti wrote:
Not *yet* fabric, perhaps, Georg! But, if you really want some, get a
plumbers' catalogue, photograph what you want, and then do some
transferring from the photographs to fabric.
I've seen this done more and more - and I love the results.

I could beg Da for jpgs of his lecture, couple it with the scanned in
pics I have collected of plumbing through history and make Da one heck
of a nifty quilt... Yes, my Da has a slideshow/humorous lecture on
the passing of the backhouse... started by his Da. I think all of us are
lucky to not be named after plumbing luminaries like Thomas Crapper or
Sir John Harrington.

-georg
Old October 21st 06, 03:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Wouldn't that be fun?!
I agree with you about the names!
..
In message , Georg
writes

Old October 21st 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

Ya know Jeanne, come to think of it.... I haven't bought any limes since
early summer. I think I'm due!! :-)

Patti in Seattle

(nzlstar*) wrote:
not a thing but i bet 'you' could use some new LIMEs ) just googling
in the middle of the night so thot i'd throw in my two cents.

hugz,
jeanne

Old October 21st 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

Georg
I don't think I've ever seen any plumbing fabric..... but I will
certainly be on the lookout for you!!

Patti in Seattle

Old October 21st 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

Sunny
Please email me your snail mail addy. I have a piece of paisley in my
stash that I've had forever.... will gladly send it on.

Patti in Seattle

(Sunny) wrote
snip -- like paisley. I love paisley and would really like to have a
bunch of 4" or larger pieces of paisleys (did I spell that right?)
snip

Old October 21st 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Idahoqltr

I love the outhouse sewing kit! Very clever.

I am looking for a scarecrow about 3" or taller. I want to make a city
wall-hanging next year and we have a scarecrow festival in Oct.

Thanks. Debra in Idaho

Old October 21st 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

I am looking for the following, in
random order:
Chocolate
Genuine Blue Indigo Fabric.
Batik Fabric.
Money, any currency.
FW-221 Manual (new issue.)
The meaning of life.
My combination lock.

PAT in VA/USA

Patti S wrote:

We haven't had one of these threads in a while - and with the holidays
approaching and so many new quilters coming out of lurkdom, I thought it
was a good time to ask "what 'cha need / what 'cha lookin' for"? I may
have some bit of fabric that would be just perfect for a project someone
out there is working on - as many of us probably do. So.... speak up!!

Patti in Seattle