hi, I am an italian quilter

Old April 3rd 06, 07:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default hi, I am an italian quilter

Welcome to the best quilting group around!
ME-Judy

"pomodoro" wrote in message
ups.com...
Goodmorniiiiing!!! I am an italian quilter, while I'm writing here in
Italy is morning, 11.30 am, what's the time there??
.. a little about me...
I'm 37 years old.. (almost 38.. sigh, but younger in my mind) I'm doing
quilting from 5 years.

Old April 3rd 06, 08:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Welcome Nicoletta. We are a friendly group and I hope you stay with us for a
long time. You will get tips, patterns, friends and maybe even an
occassional "squishie"

Boca Jan from Florida, USA

"pomodoro" wrote in message
ups.com...
Goodmorniiiiing!!! I am an italian quilter, while I'm writing here in
Italy is morning, 11.30 am, what's the time there??
.. a little about me...
I'm 37 years old.. (almost 38.. sigh, but younger in my mind) I'm doing
quilting from 5 years.

my name is Nicoletta, and my husband calls me "tomata", as a feminine
tomato... an so it beens my logo today, is a little tomato, in fact I
stitch it as label for my quilts.
I prefere traditionals patchwork, I adore thimbleberries, my first love
in quilting... (can I tell this?)
well... I hope you forgive me for my terribly english...
An hope you correct me in my "strafalcioni" (bad mistakes)... in change
I could learn you a little italian for your next visit in my country.
Ciao,
nicoletta

Old April 3rd 06, 08:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Don't worry you will get used to us ;-)

isn't it fun to teach someone something new?! the good part about being a
beginner is that you haven't a clue so anything you do is ok ;-) especially
when someone more experienced helps you do it :-D

I *love* Pannatone - especially the good kind an Italian friend of mine once
gave. Nutella is very good indeed - have you ever tried it as a filling for
cake? YUM!! makes the good book and quilt go further ;-)

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands
Take out: so much quilting to reply.
Time to accept, time to grow, time to take things slow
www.geocities.com/jess_ayad
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jes...pson/my_photos
Thanks to all!!!
I'm confused for those all welcomes, now I'll read them again with calm
and reply to everybody... it is difficult for me to speak english
fluently .
How many new friendssss!!!
Just yesterday I teached a little of patchwork to a my italian friend,
and I enjoyed so much..
Before I was only a student... We made a sawtooth star as first ... I
know It's not very easy for a beginner...

I'll write a message in my language, perhaps there is someone italian
else.

What about chocolate?I'm greedy.. I think that Motta still make
chocolate but here is most famous for Panettone (Milano-Christmas'
cake) and "merendine" as little cakes for children.. , but I prefere
Nutella (Ferrero), nut and chocolate cream to spalm on bread..
gooooddddd.
Sincerly the best chocolate is not Italian, but it is made in Suisse.

What about best than quilt on sofa, good book to read, and a piece of
cake??

I have not children.
Ops... I have to came back to my job (I'm writing from my office).
Ciao
Nicoletta (tomata)

Old April 3rd 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Nicoletta, is the pomodoro some kind of tomato? I live in an
Italian/American community and at the grocery store, I've bought canned
tomatoes with the word pomodoro on them. Is that the tomato or the company?
Welcome to our group, I'm glad you found us!

Cindy

Old April 4th 06, 12:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Oh ,Nutella! We used to buy that in a little Italian deli in Penn Hills,
Pennsylvania. Welcome to RCTQ from a little old Texan.
ups.com...

Old April 4th 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hi and welcome from downunder

Your English is very easy to understand and much better than my Italian

Dee in Oz

Old April 4th 06, 09:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hi Chipper
I saw your quilt on the site... what nice!!! everyone... you all are
too perfect, making so much quilts... and so beautiful.
Technically perfects!!!
Instead.. I have so little time to spend in patchwork... If I can I
should make patchwork everyday, but I have to work 8 hours at day, and
then lunch, and then it rest me just the time to go to bed,..

Wonderful the baby with the cat.. The baby is too nice, and the cat..
well.. I love cats..
I have a black cat, with green eyes, it seems so bad, instead it's so
good, it dreams all day long to run and catch mouses.. but only in his
dreams...
well...

have a nice day to all!!!
Now I try to create an album to post some of my quilts, on this
computer I have only the last..
Ciaoooo!!!
Nicoletta tomata

Chipper wrote:
Welcome Nicoletta!
I'm looking forward to seeing some of your quilts. Are you working on
anything quilty right now?
You're welcome to have some virtual tea or coffee with me in my backyard and
visit a bit.
My website is primitive and I haven't updated it for a long time, but it's
spring here in N. Carolina and the birds are singing, much like in the
pictures.

http://home.triad.rr.com/chip16/

chipper

Old April 4th 06, 09:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

pomodoro is the italian word for tomato, not the company.
then there are a lot of type of tomato... In base of the place of
origin... "San Marzano"'s tomatoes good for tomato sauce, "Cuore di
bue" tomatoes for salads, and so on..
So, if you ask for "pomodoro" at italian store for vegetebles, they
gives you tomatoes..
Ehm...

Well.. you all are very nice... but... what are squishie" ???
I don' know this word and its mean...

:0)
nicoletta