hi, I am an italian quilter

Old April 3rd 06, 03:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default hi, I am an italian quilter

Welcome Nicoletta! It is always nice to have new people join us. Do
you have any quilt pictures on the web we might look at? My daughter &
her husband are planning to visit Italy this summer (3 weeks in July).
They are high school English teachers and he has some Italian heritage
(Quilici) and they want to do this before they start a family. This
same daughter is going to Japan in June on a Fulbright Scholarship
study for 18 days. Our younger daughter is going to Oxford in July for
British American Drama Academy. We are very proud and glad that we can
help them out financially. We don't wish to travel over there but will
enjoy their pictures and stories. My quilts are he
http://community.webshots.com/album/37015880vszRXO
Debra

Old April 3rd 06, 03:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thanks to all!!!
I'm confused for those all welcomes, now I'll read them again with calm
and reply to everybody... it is difficult for me to speak english
fluently .
How many new friendssss!!!
Just yesterday I teached a little of patchwork to a my italian friend,
and I enjoyed so much..
Before I was only a student... We made a sawtooth star as first ... I
know It's not very easy for a beginner...

I'll write a message in my language, perhaps there is someone italian
else.

What about chocolate?I'm greedy.. I think that Motta still make
chocolate but here is most famous for Panettone (Milano-Christmas'
cake) and "merendine" as little cakes for children.. , but I prefere
Nutella (Ferrero), nut and chocolate cream to spalm on bread..
gooooddddd.
Sincerly the best chocolate is not Italian, but it is made in Suisse.

What about best than quilt on sofa, good book to read, and a piece of
cake??

I have not children.
Ops... I have to came back to my job (I'm writing from my office).
Ciao
Nicoletta (tomata)

Old April 3rd 06, 03:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hi Patti, dolomites are very very very wonderfull!!
I live near the sea, few km from Genova, you konw? and I like the sea,
to take a swim, but I prefere mountain... and we often go to the
"Piemonte's" mountain (near Torino, Turin, winter olimpic game.... ).
I like quilting, I like patch, but I like too trekking. Going to live
in mountain as dolomites is one of my dream... but not for vacancy, but
living!!!
A little house, out from town, cat, dog, husband (yes... him too.. i
don't leave him alone)... :0)
something so...
hugs
nicoletta ( tomata)

Old April 3rd 06, 03:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

:0)
Tomata is not a really italian word.. but a dialect word..
But friendly...
thanks for welcome!!!
nicoletta

Old April 3rd 06, 03:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

wow... your daughter is a globetrotter...
wonderful!

I have some picture, but not an online-album..
I could try to make one.
Ciaooo

Old April 3rd 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Italian mosaic floors.... it's a big enterprise... well, I found a book
in a library, once, about Rome floors, beautiful projects, .. but I
didn't buyed it.. too complicate for me.

i live near Genova, 600 km at north from Rome..
Ciao
Nicoletta

Old April 3rd 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

ehm... chocolate cream to spread... sorry for mistake...

Old April 3rd 06, 04:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Welcome Nicoletta / Tomata! You're going to like it here. Please visit
often and let us get to know you.

Patti in Seattle

Old April 3rd 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Welcome Nicoletta!
I'm looking forward to seeing some of your quilts. Are you working on
anything quilty right now?
You're welcome to have some virtual tea or coffee with me in my backyard and
visit a bit.
My website is primitive and I haven't updated it for a long time, but it's
spring here in N. Carolina and the birds are singing, much like in the
pictures.

http://home.triad.rr.com/chip16/

chipper

"pomodoro" wrote in message
ups.com...
Goodmorniiiiing!!! I am an italian quilter, while I'm writing here in
Italy is morning, 11.30 am, what's the time there??
.. a little about me...
I'm 37 years old.. (almost 38.. sigh, but younger in my mind) I'm doing
quilting from 5 years.

my name is Nicoletta, and my husband calls me "tomata", as a feminine
tomato... an so it beens my logo today, is a little tomato, in fact I
stitch it as label for my quilts.
I prefere traditionals patchwork, I adore thimbleberries, my first love
in quilting... (can I tell this?)
well... I hope you forgive me for my terribly english...
An hope you correct me in my "strafalcioni" (bad mistakes)... in change
I could learn you a little italian for your next visit in my country.
Ciao,
nicoletta

Old April 3rd 06, 06:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On 3 Apr 2006 07:26:21 -0700, "pomodoro"
wrote:

Hi Patti, dolomites are very very very wonderfull!!
I live near the sea, few km from Genova, you konw? and I like the sea,
to take a swim, but I prefere mountain... and we often go to the
"Piemonte's" mountain (near Torino, Turin, winter olimpic game.... ).
I like quilting, I like patch, but I like too trekking. Going to live
in mountain as dolomites is one of my dream... but not for vacancy, but
living!!!
A little house, out from town, cat, dog, husband (yes... him too.. i
don't leave him alone)... :0)
something so...
hugs
nicoletta ( tomata)

I love Italy and all things italian - there are not many (known
to rctq) Italian quilters - you probably suffer from quilting
fabric deprivation :PPP

A few years back (oh my...few means ten or 11 here , hehehe) I
went to a small place between Lucca and Viareggio and made
several trips, one of which was to Cinqueterre, where I must,
must, must go back again! Last year we went South of
Napoli/Sorrento for a week - not long enough for me either )

Happy quilting from a Pole living in Northern England,
confessing to not having done much quilting recently :////

Krysia
K.T. - starannie opakowana