Here's Polly

Old September 4th 05, 01:13 PM
Carolyn McCarty

This is grand, wonderful, heartening news!!!! Thanks for taking the
precious time to notify us, Polly! Hugs and heartfelt prayers still coming.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools --Red Green

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
nk.net...
My precious friends, here I am. Don't dare spend much time online - the
phone lines are up just a bit but have to run the pc on generator and
running the well for water is critical.
Just to let you know that this is ME and not a hoax - the gators, I'm
told, were attending a thanksgiving prayer service at the Orange Grove
Baptist Church yesterday.
The bluff by the river where our children live is being protected by 2
Florida Highway Patrolmen on a blue and yellow 4-wheeler.
There are dear fellow from South Carolina on our road right now trying
to get the oak trees off the power lines.
I hear, but do not know, that the hospital has a refrigerated truck to
put body bags in. I don't know whose.
Our family is alive and still have homes or some parts of.
And we have such wonderful powerful dear hearts praying for us.
As ever, the out-of-state church groups and the Salvation Army are here
and feeding folks. The FEMA trucks are here handing out ice. Now, I ask
you, do I really want to walk 20 miles to get a sack of ice? And the Red
Cross is here taking up collections. (Sorry, I'll have to join anger
management sometime soon.)
I love you all dearly. Polly

Old September 4th 05, 02:01 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

Is your stash okay, luv???

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Polly Esther" wrote in message
news
Big Hugs and thank you to you all. We don't *need* anything - we have
life and love. However, I truly would kill for a hot bath and a cold
beer.
wrote in message
Whoo Hoo, Polly! Doin' the Maryland Mambo for you and your family! Just
holler you need ANYTHING! Nancycog in MD

Old September 5th 05, 06:37 AM
Pauline

So glad you are alive & safe Polly. It must have been a terrifying time &
I'm sure you'll tell us all about it when life is a little more stable for
you! Keep us posted when you can & let us know how you are doing.

Pauline
"Anne in CA" wrote in message
Whew! Big sigh of relief blowing from the west, Polly. Stay safe.

)O( Anne in CA )O(
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl
Crow
http://community.webshots.com/user/annerudolph3
http://home.covad.net/~arudolph/annes.htm

Old September 5th 05, 07:18 AM

I am glad you are safe. Waving to you from Ohio. Michele

Old September 6th 05, 01:07 AM
Sally Swindells

Welcome back Polly - we've all been so worried. I spent the weekend
without a computer and the first thing I did when I arrived back home
was to see if you were alright. It was wonderful to see a post with
your name attached.

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~

Old September 6th 05, 03:10 AM
Donna

Glad to hear from you, Polly!!! Prayers continue for everyone affected by
Katrina!!

--
Donna in NE La.