OT Michael Jackson Trial

Old June 13th 05, 10:17 PM

Default OT Michael Jackson Trial

He is found NOT QUILTY, ER GUILTY.

Old June 13th 05, 10:29 PM
Linda Sweigart

Sort of like O.J.?

Linda

wrote in message
He is found NOT QUILTY, ER GUILTY.

Old June 13th 05, 11:05 PM
Tina

After what we just went through, with my children......

this only assures me that the legal justice system in America is
totally, TOTALLY screwed! Excuse my french, but I am appalled.

If you're famous enough, have enough money, enough friends in high
places - you can get away with murder. Yes, just like O.J.

My faith rests in a higher power - because it sure doesn't rest in the
United States Constitution anymore.

I feel so sorry for the military personnel who lose their lives
defending this country. What has it come to?

Unless a jury and a judge actually witness abuse with their own two
eyes, right under their nose (and even then it is not a guarantee) the
molester can get off scott free in this country!

Tina, heartbroken in Houston

Old June 13th 05, 11:40 PM
Mika

I still can't believe that they did that. Good grief why can't people just
get past their idol worship of these celebrities and see them as humans,
humans that make stupid choices that deserved to be punished. All those
women on that jury and they found him NOT GUILTY!!! Puleeeze!!! Oh well.
He's done it before - he'll do it again. And one of these days he'll pay for
it for real. I just feel sorry for the poor kids who have to live with the
molestation for the rest of their lives.

--
Mika
http://community.webshots.com/user/mikasdrms

Old June 13th 05, 11:46 PM
Tina

Not to mention the message it sends to children around the world who
are molested, threatened not to tell, put in psychiatric wards and
people try to help them but they won't open up and tell for fear of
retaliation or recrimination against them, or for fear that no one will
believe them and they will only be ridiculed - and then THIS !!!!!!

They are just sending a message to every kid in the world, THAT IT
DOESN'T DO ANY GOOD TO TELL! THE ABUSER WILL GET AWAY WITH IT ANYWAY!

I don't know who I am more mad at right now, the Michael Jackson's of
the world, or the legal system - people who are supposed to be
professionals, educated and equipped to make decisions in the best
interest and safety of the human population.

It is just sickening, the whole thing just makes me sick at my stomach.

Tina

Old June 14th 05, 12:00 AM
KJ

I think he did it, but I don't think the prosecution had a firm enough case
to overcome any doubts. The accusing family was just too flaky....the
mother especially. It was just too shaky and I'm sorry about that.

Old June 14th 05, 12:22 AM
Tina

It is unfortunate, that the family of this child were, who and what
they were, especially in this highly public case.

The sad fact is, in cases of child molestation, there is rarely a "firm
enough case". It is SO hard to prove, especially when the majority of
what you have to work with, comes from a child's mouth - and I don't
care what any therapist, social worker or case worker says - adults,
STILL, even in this day and age, aren't always willing to listen to and
believe a child's word! Then you add to that fact, a child who has
been threatened not to tell, or a child who has been abused by a parent
- and the child doesn't WANT to tell on "mommy" or "daddy" or
"grandpa", etc. it makes it a very, VERY hard case to prove.

Cases like this, where the family does show signs of being "flaky"
themselves, or out to make a bunch of money - only make it harder on
the rest of us Joe Public Human Beings who are trying to protect our
own children without a firm enough case.

As we watched the news, my 16 year old daughter and I - I could have
reached through the screen and strangled every member of that jury,
when my child turned to me, with tears in her eyes, and said, "See mom,
it doesn't do any good to tell."

I can not begin to tell you, how much that hurts.

Tina

Old June 14th 05, 01:23 AM
Carey N.

"Tina" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Tina,
Sending many cyber {{{{hugs}}}} to you and your DD, and still holding good
thoughts for all of you.
I haven't had the TV on all day, so this is the first I am hearing about the
verdict(now I'm not sure I want to turn it on.)
--
Carey in MA

Old June 14th 05, 01:27 AM
Tina

Thanks Carey, I suppose I am still a little bit too emotional about it
and shouldn't post about it here. Not really the "time or the place" I
suppose and I hope you will all accept my apologies if I offended
anyone.

It really is though, very frustrating that these high profile people,
many who are role models for children, can do these types of things and
get away with it. I just think it sends a very, very bad message to
the public.

Hugs to you too Carey,
Tina