she knit covers for her sofa!

Old February 27th 04, 05:26 PM
Linda D.

Default she knit covers for her sofa!

Hi everyone,

My Mom sent me an article from the Sunday, Feb. 22 issue of the
Victoria, B.C. Times Colonist. In it is an article on page B4 about a
woman from Saanich, B.C. who knit covers for her 6 seater sofa. It
took 2 1/2 yrs. and 15.3 meters of yarn.. The sofa now has a lovely
cable pattern, and looks gorgeous. What a huge labour of love!!!

take care, Linda
Old February 27th 04, 07:24 PM
Katherine

Linda D. wrote:
Hi everyone,

My Mom sent me an article from the Sunday, Feb. 22 issue of the
Victoria, B.C. Times Colonist. In it is an article on page B4 about a
woman from Saanich, B.C. who knit covers for her 6 seater sofa. It
took 2 1/2 yrs. and 15.3 meters of yarn.. The sofa now has a lovely
cable pattern, and looks gorgeous. What a huge labour of love!!!

take care, Linda

SOunds impressive! Is there any way of seeing a picture of it?
Katherine

Old February 27th 04, 07:26 PM
Cher

Any chance of scanning it in...I saw a machine knit set of covers for a car
once...but this sounds lovely...

Cheers....Cher

Linda D. wrote in message
Hi everyone,

My Mom sent me an article from the Sunday, Feb. 22 issue of the
Victoria, B.C. Times Colonist. In it is an article on page B4 about a
woman from Saanich, B.C. who knit covers for her 6 seater sofa. It
took 2 1/2 yrs. and 15.3 meters of yarn.. The sofa now has a lovely
cable pattern, and looks gorgeous. What a huge labour of love!!!

take care, Linda

---

Old February 27th 04, 07:59 PM
JJMolvik

"Katherine" wrote in message
Linda D. wrote:
Hi everyone,

My Mom sent me an article from the Sunday, Feb. 22 issue of the
Victoria, B.C. Times Colonist. In it is an article on page B4 about a
woman from Saanich, B.C. who knit covers for her 6 seater sofa. It
took 2 1/2 yrs. and 15.3 meters of yarn.. The sofa now has a lovely
cable pattern, and looks gorgeous. What a huge labour of love!!!

take care, Linda

SOunds impressive! Is there any way of seeing a picture of it?
Katherine

I checked their website, but no luck!

JJMolvik

Old February 27th 04, 08:21 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Sounds great , i hope she has no cats
mirjam

Old February 28th 04, 03:48 AM
Bungadora

I'm sure I have an article somewhere with directions for a chair cover (time to
update my index). I think it was in Vogue Knitting, most likely after 1996.

Dora
Old February 28th 04, 04:39 AM
Bungadora

Here we are. Update your favorite chair or sofa with a surprisingly simple
knitted slipcover. The article says wool and mohair combined makes a
particularly good cover.

'Preferred Seating' by Teva Durham, Spring/Summer 2001 Vogue Knitting, pp. 24,
26, 113.

Vogue knitting does not look kindly upon reproduction of its patterns on the
internet. However, the web site says individual patterns may be purchased if
you contact the publisher when the magazine is oop.

Better go. My cat wants attention very badly. No knitting for Dora.

Old February 28th 04, 07:59 AM
Cher

So how would us UK'ers go about getting a pattern as we don't get this mag
over here...sob wail......

Cher