OT and not

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 12th 11, 07:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Default OT and not

I'm slowly getting my loins girded to dig into my work space. Wow,
what a mess. A friend needs me to help her make a quick quilt for a
friend of hers who she just learned is dying of cancer. Soon. Sigh ...
why does it seem we find the time to make those quilts for our friends
when we hear they no longer have time to enjoy it? I think that's how
we humans work...deadlines.

I am also working hard on lessons in life. Some of you wanted to see
the titles of books recommended by Dr. B at the pain clinic. Here they

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/055...ef=oss_product
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/157...ef=oss_product

The third one is personal and I'm not feeling like sharing right now.

For a person who wrote for a living, I find it absurdly hard to
maintain a journal. I'm working on it. Three journals to keep.

Now, some of you have wanted to know where I got the gorgeous hand-
dyed threads I use sometimes in my embroidery. Some of it I get off
the rack at Dee's Country Quilts in Leavenworth, WA and I don't really
know the name right now. Some comes from a local source that didn't
want me to talk about her. Okay. The rest (and I think the most
luminous) comes from http://yarnplayer.etsy.com and I really like both
the threads and the service. She is wonderful, generous and
delightful.

Enough for one day. I may be fairly absent for a long stretch here. I
leave for Phoenix in little more than a week. Eeeeek! yeah, I'm ready.
(not) Before then I have much, much to do. So much it makes me ache.

So hug each other, hug yourselves, love yourselves (one of my
affirmations I must repeat every day over and over is 'I love myself')
and generally everybody else in the world, because if we quilters
don't love those cold, shivering and lost souls out there, who will?

Love, God keep you all till we meet again,
Sunny