Store with older fabrics?

Old June 9th 06, 04:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default More stash Store with older fabrics?

My husband has threatened to call all of my quilting friends and give
each a few minutes in the studio. He was serious when he suggested
that the door prize for our guild show should be allowing the winning
ten minutes in my studio to grab anything they want!

Now that I am making samples for the store I find I am not using the
stash much at all. If this continues for another year I will have to
make a decision. We will be retiring in about three years and won't be
able to move all of this stuff. I will let you know my plans for
dispersal. It would take several vans. If Butterfly is bringing her
moving van it better be a big one.

Susan
On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 22:41:04 GMT, Sandy Ellison
wrote:

Howdy!

I understand, Susan.
Around here the folks have been warned to not go rootling thru' the
area that holds the most stash; I won't be responsible for any
accidents caused by landslides or tumbling piles of cotton products.
Fortunately only the kitchen stands between us & the laundry room;
well, maybe not so fortunate as I tend to get sidetracked near
the 'fridge.
The law here is/was "You wear it: you wash it."
Both sons learned that early and hold to it today.
Ya' know, some of us dear friends would happily come over
and widen your stash path. Really, we'd be eager to help.
No problem. Have Cruiser: will fill it. ;-)

Cheers, Sweetie!

Ragmop/Sandy

On 6/5/06 2:04 PM, in article ,
"Susan Laity Price" wrote:

My whole point is that my studio IS a fire hazard and a walking
hazard. The family has to walk through my studio to the laundry room
and the path is getting narrower all the time. Since I don't want to
stop them from doing their own laundry I have to keep that path open.

Susan

On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 15:47:52 GMT, "Kathy Applebaum"
wrote:

On 6/2/06 8:06 AM, in article
,
"Susan Laity Price" wrote:

After that much any
fabric purchase just becomes decoration for the shelves in your
studio.

Not much wrong with that, IM(NS)HO. ;-)

I'm with Ragmop -- I work almost exclusively from stash, and I hate having
to stop in the middle of a creative streak to run around to stores looking
for just the right piece of orange. I keep my fabric purchases within my
budget, my studio isn't a fire hazard, and the amount of fabric I have
pleases me. I'm not worrying about whether I've bought more or less than
I'll use this year. *grin*

Old June 9th 06, 04:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"Susan Laity Price" wrote in message

I will let you know my plans for
dispersal. It would take several vans. If Butterfly is bringing her
moving van it better be a big one.

I seem to recall one of the RCTQers has a son who drives a semi... ;-)

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old June 9th 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Big enuf to move a 3 bed/ 2 bath house with den and studio? Or do I need a
bigger one?

Butterfly (Still groggy from yesterday's endo/colonoscopies)

"Susan Laity Price" wrote:

My whole point is that my studio IS a fire hazard and a walking
hazard. The family has to walk through my studio to the laundry room
and the path is getting narrower all the time. Since I don't want to
stop them from doing their own laundry I have to keep that path open.

Susan

On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 15:47:52 GMT, "Kathy Applebaum"
wrote:

On 6/2/06 8:06 AM, in article
,

Old June 9th 06, 06:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

able to move all of this stuff. I will let you know my plans for
dispersal. It would take several vans. If Butterfly is bringing her
moving van it better be a big one.

Sounds like the time to fire up the old Boeing 707 to collect "helpers" from
far and wide VBG
Cheers for now
Tutu
Cape Town, South Africa

Old June 9th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"Tutu Haynes-Smart" wrote in message
able to move all of this stuff. I will let you know my plans for
dispersal. It would take several vans. If Butterfly is bringing her
moving van it better be a big one.

Sounds like the time to fire up the old Boeing 707 to collect "helpers"
from far and wide VBG
Cheers for now
Tutu
Cape Town, South Africa

A cruise ship would hold so much more stash, though...

Old June 9th 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article ,
"Kathy Applebaum" wrote:

"Tutu Haynes-Smart" wrote in message
able to move all of this stuff. I will let you know my plans for
dispersal. It would take several vans. If Butterfly is bringing her
moving van it better be a big one.

Sounds like the time to fire up the old Boeing 707 to collect "helpers"
from far and wide VBG
Cheers for now
Tutu
Cape Town, South Africa

A cruise ship would hold so much more stash, though...

We're going on one next week. The paperwork says 200 lbs of luggage per
person. Pack light clothing-wise and that's a lot of fabric to bring
home ;-)

marcella
Old June 9th 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"Marcella Peek" wrote in message
In article ,
"Kathy Applebaum" wrote:

"Tutu Haynes-Smart" wrote in message
able to move all of this stuff. I will let you know my plans for
dispersal. It would take several vans. If Butterfly is bringing her
moving van it better be a big one.

Sounds like the time to fire up the old Boeing 707 to collect "helpers"
from far and wide VBG
Cheers for now
Tutu
Cape Town, South Africa

A cruise ship would hold so much more stash, though...

We're going on one next week. The paperwork says 200 lbs of luggage per
person. Pack light clothing-wise and that's a lot of fabric to bring
home ;-)

That's only about 800 yards a person. Not nearly enough. ;-)

I was thinking that just a few raiders would have the whole cruise ship to
themselves. Preferably something upscale like the QE2. Raul and the other
pool boys could peel grapes for us as we sail from port to port raiding
stashes and we'd drink champagne on the deck between ports. (Probably
shouldn't use the rotary cutters after happy hour, though! LOL)

Enjoy your cruise!

Old June 9th 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"Kathy Applebaum" wrote in message
. com...

"Susan Laity Price" wrote in message

I will let you know my plans for
dispersal. It would take several vans. If Butterfly is bringing her
moving van it better be a big one.

I seem to recall one of the RCTQers has a son who drives a semi... ;-)

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps
http://www.kayneyquilting.com ,
remove the obvious to reply

That would be my son!! He's off work right now with a broken wrist, but
should be back in the saddle before too long!! vbg
--
TerriLee in WA (state)