7th anniversary here

Old June 22nd 04, 01:47 PM
BDS2pds

Default 7th anniversary here

This is almost to the day my 7th anniversary of finding this board. I am so
grateful for all I have gotten. I found things through here I never would have
even known existed to purchase which is a gift . It has been such a blessing
to have others to share needlework with. In a city in which you live, you are
lucky to find a few who are interested.It is unlikely that anyone close cares
about it at all. Our EGA here which I now have is a new blessing to my life
and this RCTN was the only place to share needlework interests before this year
when I finally lived near an EGA so could attend. I just wanted to thank you
all for your friendships and to have you all here to share my exciting times
with needlework and to hear yours.
Old June 22nd 04, 01:58 PM
Dulcie Burns

My, what a lovely message. I've always thought this message board is exactly for
her purpose. A place to find nice people and good information. How refreshing
that BDS2pds took the time to write. My day is looking better now. Thank you.
Dulcie (WM)

Old June 22nd 04, 02:03 PM
BDS2pds

Call me Barbie, please.

Old June 22nd 04, 02:26 PM
LdyTegan

This is almost to the day my 7th anniversary of finding this board. I am so
grateful for all I have gotten.

Fabulous! This is so nice to see. Here lately it seems that all the "other"
bulletin boards and email groups I belong to are in 'bashing rctn mode' and
while I mostly lurk here, I find it wonderful that someone can overlook all the
minor 'stuff' and see the gold that is here. Congrats on your anniversary.
Tegan

Who we are never changes. Who we think we are... does.
- Unknown
Old June 22nd 04, 02:50 PM
BDS2pds

Tegan,
I just don't read the rude posts. They are wasting the essense of what this
can be.
Old June 22nd 04, 04:33 PM
eaxstitch

What a lovely thought - and how nice to be part of that sentiment. Let`s
hope for MANY many more such annitversaries.

Thgrough the years, though, it`s surprising how many people surprise you
with their love of needlework - often people who you`d think would be the
least likely!

Pat P

Old June 22nd 04, 04:50 PM
F.James Cripwell

BDS2pds ) writes:
This is almost to the day my 7th anniversary of finding this board. I am so
grateful for all I have gotten. I found things through here I never would have
even known existed to purchase which is a gift . It has been such a blessing
to have others to share needlework with. In a city in which you live, you are
lucky to find a few who are interested.It is unlikely that anyone close cares
about it at all. Our EGA here which I now have is a new blessing to my life
and this RCTN was the only place to share needlework interests before this year
when I finally lived near an EGA so could attend. I just wanted to thank you
all for your friendships and to have you all here to share my exciting times
with needlework and to hear yours.

Thank you for the lovely post, and I share all the same sentiments.
Let us try and remember that RCTN has turned into something rather special
on Usenet. Those of us who have, in the past, resorted to being involved in
flame wars, should try and resist the temptation to do so in the future, so
as the preserve what is the best in RCTN.
--
Jim Cripwell.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of one's life, any