Where is everyone?

Old August 4th 12, 11:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Janner

Default Where is everyone?

Has the sun come out? Where is everyone? No new posts showing up.

Janner
France
Old August 4th 12, 12:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

I'm here! Reading the ng every day, but I don't always have anything
to say.
Roberta in D

Old August 4th 12, 03:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Like Roberta, I read everyday, not much to offer for information.
And sometimes my posts don't go through

Ginger in CA

Old August 4th 12, 09:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

I'm still here.
Like Roberta I'm still reading.
We seem to be mostly whittled down to just people who could quilt in
their sleep. In fact I am sure that I have, at least that is the best
explanation I have to offer for some of the quilts I have perpetrated. (G)

Sandy I darn near took that knitting course myself. I wanted to see what
new and exciting things have come around since I tagged along with my
grandma to a "Knit and Crochet with Pearls" class at the Thule Lodge when
I was about 7.
Money is a bit tight here though so I passed on it.

Oh and hey, I finally got around to making a photobucket account. All
that is there right now is a picture of a sweater I made in acrylic for a
lady who does not fancy wool. I am hoping to get some quilts up, but DH
is my photographer and hasn't got around to it yet.
http://s1169.photobucket.com/albums/r511/NightMiste/

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?
Old August 5th 12, 05:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

AW. fer crying out loud, NM. What is this " DH is my photographer" bit? Do
I need to come take a picture and plug in the cute little thingie for you?
Anyone who overcomes such as you have can surely take a picture and plug it
in. Be ashamed. Be very ashamed. I am so surprised that you'd let that wee
little nothing bit of tech stand in your way. Polly

"NightMist" I'm still here.

Old August 5th 12, 08:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Oh yes please!

You should just see my thousand and one attempts to get a decent picture
out of these little digital doohickeies.

I used to take all my own reference photos and everything. Then it
started getting harder to find 35mm film. Then the proper camera place
went out and the only place you could get developing was either mail
order or those junky 24 hour places. I have been trying to use the
stupid little digital camera, but it is an autofocus thing so you have to
dance around to try and get it in proper focus, and then it all comes out
a blur anyhow. I've looked at digital slr cameras and just about fainted
dead away at the prices. You can't just hope for luck at a garage sale
either, because when they upgrade anything digital it becomes nigh unto
impossible to get the necessary software for the old models.

With your spanky new bionic eyes I bet you can just give these cameras a
hard look and they sit up and say Yes'm!

NightMist

Old August 5th 12, 09:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Amazing horses on that sweater! Did you knit them in or embroider
afterwards? And tell DH we're waiting....
Roberta in D

Old August 5th 12, 03:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

See the echo quilting on this quilt:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/desertq...in/photostream

Well, I decided the echo quilting isn't good enough to keep and have been
ripping it out for days and days. I wasn't happy with that part and I
finally
decided it could stay unfinished forever or I could re-work that part. I am
almost done and I think I am happy I have taken the time to do it. Will
know for sure when it is done!

I am working on a tote bag for my sister's birthday that I need to finish
today. It has been really hot here and I am getting cabin fever hiding
from the heat. Starting to get nervous about finding a dress for ds's
wedding coming up in October. More hunting for that this week.
Taria

Old August 5th 12, 04:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

What a fabulous border! Looking good! So what kind of quilting is in
the middle? (did I mention I love scrappy?)
Roberta in D

Old August 5th 12, 06:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

That is all knit colorwork.
The pattern really isn't all that tough it is a fairly short repeat that
starts off at 18 stitches and of course that repeat gets shorter as you
go up the yoke. I snagged it off an icelandic yarn site. It is meant to
be knit with lopi. I grew up knitting in swedish, so two strands in the
round seems pretty natural to me. It really is a pretty easy pattern.
here is no patterning on the sleeves, and they are just knit in not sewn,
so there is minimal shaping, no steeks, and it only has just the three
colors.
http://www.nordicstore-wool.com/free...s_1508_ctg.htm

It is the sweater with horses.

NightMist