ABC "Quiet" Book

Old August 15th 07, 05:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KI Graham

Default ABC "Quiet" Book

A friend is looking for a pattern for an ABC soft book to make for her
grandson. I figured someone on RCTQ is sure to know if there's one available
free on-line [Googling is not helping here!]. Any hints would be much
appreciated!

--
Kim Graham
http://members.shaw.ca/kigraham

Old August 15th 07, 05:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

Hi Kim
http://sewing.about.com/od/toysanddo...dshapebook.htm

I searched using "free fabric book patterns" - several options came
up. jennellh )

Old August 15th 07, 05:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Hey! Bingo, I think I found one!
http://www.theideadoor.com/QuietBook.htm

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old August 15th 07, 05:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Here's another one that might work.
http://www.motherearthnews.com/DIY/1...iet-Books.aspx

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old August 15th 07, 06:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KI Graham

We already found that one -- it's rather specifically Mormon [and frankly, a
bit off-putting!] But thanks for looking!

Old August 15th 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KI Graham

I like this one a lot...will probably make one [or two or three] for the
granddaughters. But, my friend is specifically looking for an "alphabet"
book: her 3-year-old grandson is fixated on his ABCs....identifies letters
EVERYWHERE...a car trip with him is punctuated by shouts of "B! I see a B!"
"Q..there's a Q!" etc. etc. [Not too bad out in the country, but it wears
pretty thin in the city with all the signs!]

Old August 16th 07, 12:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers[_3_]

KI Graham wrote:
I like this one a lot...will probably make one [or two or three] for the
granddaughters. But, my friend is specifically looking for an "alphabet"
book: her 3-year-old grandson is fixated on his ABCs....identifies letters
EVERYWHERE...a car trip with him is punctuated by shouts of "B! I see a B!"
"Q..there's a Q!" etc. etc. [Not too bad out in the country, but it wears
pretty thin in the city with all the signs!]

and she thinks a book will solve this? it's sweet of her to want to make
him a book, but I don't think it will solve anything, I have a just
turned 4 year old, we've gone past the yelling if he sees a particular
letter and are now on him telling me what the signs say, or asking. She
should also check with his parents if he's still into, or has gone back
to cloth books, my DS is pretty tactile, but shows no interest in cloth
books and hasn't done for a while, however, he would be interested in a
quilt which had the pages of a cloth book as blocks!

Anne
Old August 16th 07, 02:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KI Graham

There's nothing to "solve"...she's looking for something that will build on
his interests: an alphabet based actvity book could help develop other
skills: "quiet books" usually are more interactive that just "cloth
books" -- Buttons to button for B; zippers to zip for Z etc etc. Sweet she
ain't - practical she is!

Old August 16th 07, 04:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

Hi Kim
These patterns are not free, but may be just what your friend is looking
for..... there is a pattern for an alphabet book, and a pattern for an
activity book. Good Luck!

Address:
http://www.sewthankful.com/BabiesAndChildren.html

Patti in Seattle

Old August 16th 07, 05:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jenn/Jalynne

I don't have one online, but I think I have a book that my grandmother gave
me. She'd made a soft book for my DD. email me, and I'll see if I can find
it to send to you. craftigirl at earthlink dot net

Jenn in Tacoma