Memory quilt

Old April 10th 07, 10:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marlys in Indiana

Default Memory quilt

Hello everyone,
I haven't been on here lately. I'm quilting up a storm. Finally,
finally, finally finished my daughter-in-law's memory quilt. When her
daughter (my granddaughter) called her at work to tell her the quilt had
finally arrived, she began to cry. And when she got home my DGD had laid
the quilt out on her bed so she would see it full view, and she broke down
and cried again.
She asked that I thank all of you for the fabrics that I used which you
had sent me after the death of my son. She says it is so beautiful and she
will not let anyone else touch it. I thought that was such a wonderful
tribute as well as a little funny. She is a strong willed woman, so I'm
sure that rule will stick. VBG
Thank you all so much in helping me make this quilt for her and thank
you again for your warming thoughts at the time of his loss and the loss of
my DH. It has been a long hard road, emotionally, and still isn't always
"smooth sailing", but I'm keeping myself somewhat busy.
I have told each of my step-children and their families that, "God
willing and the creek don't rise", I'll have a quilt for each of them by
Christmas - all 5 of them. The top of one is nearly completed except for
borders and then the quilting, of course. Plus I just completed a quilt
requested (commissioned) for my nephew who also lives in Calif. The pic of
his quilt follows the label I embroidered for Tina's quilt.
If you would like to check them out, click on this link.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...54820389jPNEVR

Many heart felt thanks to all of you from her and me too. And happy
quilting everyone. It is truly great therapy.
Marlys in Indiana

--
marmarlet @ verizon . net

Old April 10th 07, 10:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

The memory quilt is beautiful, so are all your others.

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes

Old April 10th 07, 11:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article 1rTSh.11368$jS1.5456@trndny07,
"Marlys in Indiana" wrote:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...54820389jPNEVR

It's good to see you again, Marlys! And the quilt is just gorgeous --
very peaceful and serene.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
Old April 11th 07, 01:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa

Marlys,

It's so good to hear from you again. Thanks for sharing the story of
the memory quilt - I'm thankful your DDIL understands what a wonderful
gift she has been given, not only the quilt, but also having you for a
mother in law.

It was good to revisit your quilts this evening. I had forgotten how
beautiful they were. Thanks for sharing.

Louise in Iowa

Old April 11th 07, 07:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
claudia

On 10 abr, 23:35, "Marlys in Indiana" wrote:
[...]

That is a beautiful quilt!

Claudia

Old April 11th 07, 09:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

Lovely here form you Marlys.The Memory Quilt is just wonderful. Your ddil
will treasure it all her life for sure. I love the green one for bil too!
Estelle uk

Old April 11th 07, 12:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Oh how very lovely! Thanks for sharing, Marlys. Bigs hugs to all of you!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old April 11th 07, 04:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nancy in NS

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 21:35:57 GMT, "Marlys in Indiana"
wrote:

Hello everyone,
I haven't been on here lately. I'm quilting up a storm. Finally,
finally, finally finished my daughter-in-law's memory quilt.

This is very beautiful...what a wonderful tribute.

Nancy in NS
http://community.webshots.com/user/loves2quilt

memory quilt help joysjane Quilting 0 August 10th 06 02:00 PM
Memory Quilt help Please! joysjane Quilting 8 August 9th 06 02:33 PM
United in Memory Quilt Idahoqltr Quilting 4 January 24th 06 01:42 PM
Memory Quilt Flossy Quilting 2 May 24th 05 03:21 AM
Memory quilt Aaron Toponce Quilting 0 July 28th 03 11:15 PM