online source for wide fabric

Old August 21st 07, 10:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Lancaster

Default online source for wide fabric

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 12:34:26 -0700, Anne Rogers wrote:
I've decided to make a large mariner's compass quilt, I'd like to use a
plain background and the size would require seams if I used regular
40inch fabric. Does anyone know a place online that has a good
selection? I'm thinking of plain or marbled cream, though I tend to take
inspiration from the fabric on offer, so this could change.

Fabric Depot, in Portland, OR has a number of wide fabrics, from plain
muslin to prints -- all I've fondled have been on good quality greige
goods, and up to 120" wide. Some he
https://www.fabricdepot.com/index.php?page=CatalogPage&pageid=74
https://www.fabricdepot.com/index.php?page=CatalogPage&pageid=63
They also carry quite a few 60" plain cottons, including Kona.
https://www.fabricdepot.com/index.php?page=CatalogPage&pageid=180

If you don't see what you want, ask... they may have it. Most of their
stuff isn't on the web -- the store is 1.66 acres. And you have to
sew to work the floor there.

Pricing is a little strange... actual price is 70% of listed price.

Kay

Old August 21st 07, 11:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Do you have a shop nearby that sells curtain fabric? Lots of it comes in
extra-wide medium-weight cotton, and you can feel it before buying.
Roberta in D

"Anne Rogers" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
. ..
I've decided to make a large mariner's compass quilt, I'd like to use a
plain background and the size would require seams if I used regular 40inch
fabric. Does anyone know a place online that has a good selection? I'm
thinking of plain or marbled cream, though I tend to take inspiration from
the fabric on offer, so this could change.

Cheers
Anne

Old August 21st 07, 02:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tia Mary

Anne Rogers wrote:
I've decided to make a large mariner's compass quilt, I'd like to use a
plain background and the size would require seams if I used regular
40inch fabric. Does anyone know a place online that has a good
selection? I'm thinking of plain or marbled cream, though I tend to take
inspiration from the fabric on offer, so this could change.

Cheers
Anne

I have ordered 108" wide fabric from Fabric.com ( http://www.fabric.com
) and it's very nice ANd they have a bunch that is on sale for $8.95/yd.
I believe someone else has recommended Christian Lane (don't know the
e-addy, sorry) and I have also gotten fabric from them which was lovely.
TSWLTH (aka Joanns) also offers a few different tone on tone 90" or
108" wide fabrics. I bought some when it was on sale and it's fairly nice.

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary

wide width fabric lisa Sewing 5 November 7th 06 09:35 PM
Black and White wide striped fabric where to buy [email protected] Quilting 0 May 7th 05 09:28 PM
Wide Tablecloth Fabric Judy s Sewing 8 April 11th 05 09:53 PM
A lot of fabric? and 36" wide? nbhilyard Quilting 6 April 26th 04 05:15 PM
Wide prequilted fabric Loreen Robbins Quilting 0 August 21st 03 10:33 PM