Frizelle Olympe "34" yarn

Old September 22nd 03, 02:30 AM
SlinkyToy

Default Frizelle Olympe "34" yarn

If a pattern recommends a specific yarn, you can find out how many
meters/yards are in a hank and from there figure about how much yarn
you'd need to substitute.

Another method is to estimate the total area of the item to be made
(math stuff here, don't be timid about it), knit your gauge swatch.
Check the gauge, measure the swatch EXACTLY, then pull it out and
measure the amount of yarn in the swatch. Divide the AREA of the
swatch into the AREA of the item, multiply that by the length of yarn
and there you are.

On 20 Sep 2003 17:50:14 GMT, (Franfogel) wrote:

I have almost 12 (50 gram) skeins of this yarn and wondered if anyone has had
experience with it. Each skein is about 75 meters, and since many patterns
don't give the number of meters/yards they require I'm unsure about whether to
go for something with or without sleeves.
I'd appreciate any input, before I start a project with this yarn. Thanks!

Fran

ISO Yarn Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Needlework 12 September 25th 04 02:19 PM
FA Lots of Vintage Yarn! Noru, Pingouin, Lopi, More! DorothyRose1912 Marketplace 0 November 14th 03 03:19 AM
Aaaaaaaagghhh!! Slippery yarn rant... CMM PDX2 Yarn 8 September 1st 03 07:27 PM
stinky yarn Laurie Yarn 54 August 15th 03 04:12 PM
New Yarn - Bernat Lu Lu Make Up Yarn 6 July 29th 03 09:16 AM