looking for a pattern-Early shift

Old October 23rd 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Anne M

Default looking for a pattern-Early shift

Anyone got the pattern from the kit called Early Shift from Heritage
Stitchcraft that they are finished with and want to sell. I don't want the
kit because I am thinking about doing it in needlepoint. It is a scene of
coal miners going to work and done in sepia. It is rarely listed on eBay and
always as a kit. I have never seen it in the stores here in Canada.

Old October 24th 06, 01:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Alison

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 22:10:07 GMT, "Anne M"
wrote:

Anyone got the pattern from the kit called Early Shift from Heritage
Stitchcraft that they are finished with and want to sell. I don't want the
kit because I am thinking about doing it in needlepoint. It is a scene of
coal miners going to work and done in sepia. It is rarely listed on eBay and
always as a kit. I have never seen it in the stores here in Canada.

Hi Anne - I am sorry, I stitched this pattern but no longer have the
chart. I did get it in chart form though. I know that most of the UK
stores sell the Heritage designs as kits. I can't remember where I
got the chart either. I am no help at all except that I wish you well
with finding it. I think it would look great in needlepoint. One
thing though - like many other Heritage designs, it has stitches that
are not just 2 threads x 2 threads. There are some that are 4 threads
tall x 2 threads wide, some that are 1 thread tall by 2 wide, etc. I
don't know how this would affect conversion to needlepoint.

Alison
Old October 24th 06, 08:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mulyanti

I have it.

I will gladly send it to you. e-mail me @ emashmore(at)mac(dot)com
with your address.

See my piece at:

http://web.mac.com/elizabethashmore/...g/Archive.html

Old October 24th 06, 08:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mulyanti

p.s. Britstitch has some in the series as charts, but not this one:

http://www.britstitch.com/My_Homepage_Files/Page29.html

Old October 24th 06, 08:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 10/24/06 3:25 PM, in article
, "Mulyanti"
wrote:

p.s. Britstitch has some in the series as charts, but not this one:

http://www.britstitch.com/My_Homepage_Files/Page29.html

Britstitch is an excellent place to get into trouble

Old October 25th 06, 12:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P

I just emailed Heritage to ask if it`s still available in chart only. If it
is, I can get it for you, if you like.

Pat P

Old October 25th 06, 01:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
m&m

You have a beautifully organized blog/website! I'm VERY impressed with
your work and the detailed explanations of how you worked each project.
Kudos to you!
MM

Old October 26th 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 10/24/06 3:22 PM, "Mulyanti" wrote:

I have it.

I will gladly send it to you. e-mail me @ emashmore(at)mac(dot)com
with your address.

See my piece at:

http://web.mac.com/elizabethashmore/...g/Archive.html

The piece really does bring up a mood feeling.

The Catherine Agnes slide show - with all the variations - is great. I seem
to have an addiction to Indigo Rose pieces - and hadn't seen this worked in
so many ways. I'm pretty sure that in the shop we did a box top for someone
with this in it. Box-top, or frame - with some nice piece of fabric slipped
behind to show off the cut-work areas.

Your site is truly well done. Just a MAC question - did you do it using the
iWEB blog feature? Been dabbling with putting my .mac site together, and
wondered.

Thanks for sharing,
Ellice

Old October 26th 06, 08:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mulyanti

Ellice,

Yep, that's exactly how I did it. When the group of us were working on
Catherine Agnes, I set up a group in iMac to post WIP photos and tips
and to give us a group e-mail. It was so much fun to manage, I
invested in iLife to get the iWeb software.

It's very flexible, you can have blogs and photo albums and info pages
all in the same site (mine has two seperate blogs--one for finished
pieces and one for my journal--and multiple photo albums) or divide
them into seperate sites. The styles available are a little limited,
but they are fairly easy to change and you can mix and match within the
same site.

I recommend investing in iWeb if you already have the iMac account to
support it!

Elizabeth (Mulyanti)

p.s. thanks for the kind words about the site!

Old October 26th 06, 08:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

See my piece at:

http://web.mac.com/elizabethashmore/...g/Archive.html

Elizabeth -

Lovely work - and I *love* Ezmeralda's house! Where did you get it?
And how is the ghost done - you stitch over it twice or a lighter
thread?

I would love to do this piece in surface work . . .

Linda

New pattern methods and pattern making materials [email protected] Glass 1 April 15th 06 03:21 PM
New pattern from picture. F.James Cripwell Needlework 0 December 28th 05 02:52 PM
Modifying a pattern Slinky Yarn 5 May 10th 04 11:58 PM
New FREE downloabable cross stitch pattern in PMP 4 zip file - art nouveau window to spring ! Misty Needlework 1 February 3rd 04 12:52 PM
New FREE downloabable cross stitch pattern in PMP 4 zip file - Sweet valentine :OD ! Misty Needlework 0 January 30th 04 08:36 PM