New Year's Resolution

Old June 12th 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default New Year's Resolution

One of my Resolutions was to try something new. I bought the book, 'Let's
Make Waves' by Lily Marie Amaru and her ruler for making curvy seams.
The book is nicely written, the instructions and illustrations are
good-natured, easy to understand and thorough. The ruler is also fine.
I only made one block just to test the idea. Easy. Really easy.
But, I am completely underwhelmed at the results. I've put enough
sleeves in Barbie doll clothes to be able to turn curves without a bobble.
Not a problem. I just wasn't very excited about the extra time it takes to
cut the seams and stitch them weighed in with the minimal results.
I think I'll save the book and the ruler to give to Kate when we head
over to a quilt show together. I imagine mailing that ruler would be a pain
in the neck to wrap to put in the mail.
The other 'new to me' I want to try is Marsha McCloskey's Feathered Star
Quilt Blocks 1. The front of her book warns "Really hard blocks that take a
long time to make". Is she kidding? Polly

Old June 12th 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article . net,
"Polly Esther" wrote:

The other 'new to me' I want to try is Marsha McCloskey's Feathered Star
Quilt Blocks 1. The front of her book warns "Really hard blocks that take a
long time to make". Is she kidding? Polly

That's the book I'm currently using to make my Feathered Star blocks.
Some of the ones in the book aren't all that bad -- it all depends on
what sort of feathered star block(s) you want to make. If you want to
make a triple FS (a FS within a FS within a FS), for example, I suspect
a good shrink waiting on retainer might be a prudent precaution to take.
Others, like the Radiant Star (without other stars in the center) are
relatively easy.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education

New Year's Resolution (a little late) Amanda Tikkanen Yarn 9 February 27th 06 04:11 AM
OT fun Age Guage Terbear Quilting 6 June 14th 04 08:23 PM
New Years resolution? Anne Tuchscherer Needlework 57 January 2nd 04 08:33 PM
embroidery online web site stefanie cheah Needlework 30 December 8th 03 08:34 PM