Fusible isn't fusing

Old March 20th 04, 04:14 AM
QuiltShopHopper

Default Fusible isn't fusing

Is there a trick to wonder under? It won't stick to the fabric, when heated
on the back of the fabric with an iron, but it sticks great to the teflon
sheet.
I am going to bed.

Old March 20th 04, 03:15 PM
Maureen Wozniak

Maybe you're trying to fuse the wrong side to the fabric? I've never
really used wonder under, just Steam a Seam 2, so I'm not sure.

Maureen

Old March 20th 04, 07:08 PM
M.Lois

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I took a piece of scrap larger than
my piece (a floral) then placed the piece right side down on the scrap, then
the fusible interfacing glue side down & pressed under a pressing cloth.
The back of the piece and the scrap around the edges became fused to the
interfacing but there was an "air bubble" between the scrap & the piece. I
cut carefully around the edge of the piece and wound up with the negative
floral shape in scrap with interfacing on it, a positive of the floral in
scrap with no interfacing and the piece with interfacing on the back.

M.Lois in Calgary

A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.

Old March 20th 04, 08:21 PM
QuiltShopHopper

Hey Lois, could you please come to Albuquerque and show me? My reading
comprehension is so bad that by the time I get to the end of the sentence, I
have forgotten what we were talking about at the beginning.

Cyndi, just kidding

Old March 20th 04, 08:23 PM
QuiltShopHopper

What is a pressing cloth made out of? Can I just use another scrap piece or
does it have to be made out of something special?

cyndi

Old March 20th 04, 08:52 PM
M.Lois

Hi Cyndi;

I inherited my pressing cloth from my mom - it's unbleached linen & really
old & really soft about 9" x 16"- I wash it once in a while (if I
remember) - I'm sure you could use cotton or a tight weave muslin -
unbleached so you don't transfer any dye. I use it so I don't damage
delicate fabric - or to prevent getting any "gunk" on my iron.

I'm sorry that I can't explain what I mean very well - funny I can see what
I want to tell you in my head...... DH's comment will not be repeated here!
I put the scrap down under my piece to "pretend" that I hadn't cut out the
flower at all & so that I wouldn't fuse the interfacing to my ironing board
(done that b4!)

Old March 20th 04, 10:20 PM
Julia in MN

QuiltShopHopper wrote:
What is a pressing cloth made out of?

It has to be something that will take quite a bit of heat. I have used a
piece of an old 100% cotton pillow case or a piece of an old kitchen
curtain (also 100% cotton). I have also used a piece of white cotton
organdy; I liked that because you can see through it.

Julia in MN

http://mail.chartermi.net/~jaccola/

Old March 22nd 04, 04:36 PM
Dr. Quilter

is it old? do you live in a humid place? that can screw up the fusible
part of it, I think...

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens

Old March 22nd 04, 10:20 PM
QuiltShopHopper

Guess why the fusible wasn't fusing. (scroll down)

It was interfacing.

Old March 23rd 04, 03:25 AM
KathyB in Oz

ROFLOL A senior moment?