where is everyone from

Old October 12th 04, 07:56 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
Pati Cook wrote:

Sandy I was born there, but started school in California. then 2 years up in
Cottonwood, but Jr High and High school (Roskruge and Tucson High) then the
Uof A
in Tucson. Graduated Tucson High in '68 (My mom graduated same school in '48
BG )
My mom's youngest brother went to Palo Verde High and graduated in '67 too.

Pati, in Phx.

Omigosh, Pati! I graduated from PVHS in '66! What's his name? I may
(just a slight possibility -- the school was huge) have known him.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old October 12th 04, 08:03 PM
Pati Cook

Try Fort Huachuca..........
often affectionately referred to as Fort Hootchi-cootchie. BG

Pati, in Phx

Mika wrote:

Hauppauge is another one that gets really strange pronunciations.

Mika

"ALZ" wrote in message

PATCH AWG

I used to work in an office where we got calls from all over the
country and would get the strangest pronunciations. It is an
Algonguin word.

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 02:28:49 GMT, "Pauline O'Connell"
wrote:

How exactly do you pronounce PATCHogue?? VWG

Pauline

Old October 12th 04, 08:05 PM
Pati Cook

You and me both, kaila.

Pati,in Phx actually only about a mile and a half from kaila.

Sk8eraunt wrote:

Glendale (antique capital of Arizona), just west of Phoenix. It was 96 degrees
today, and I'm getting anxious for fall weather.

kaila

Old October 12th 04, 08:42 PM
KJ

Oh Pati, thanks so much for the offer! My time will be pretty short for
visiting old friends, so trying to hook up with a new one is even more
difficult. The wedding is Saturday afternoon at 4 with reception etc after.
If you consider "getting ready" time as well as travel time...Saturday is
pretty much taken.
Someone from my quilt guild just mentioned QuiltZ last night. Where is it?
I'll be staying in the Gainey Ranch Suites near my old neighborhood. It's
going to be interesting to see the changes. I rented a car so I don't have
to depend on others to get around. When I lived there we had the Quilted
Apple (I started quilting lessons at the little barn on Thomas road back in
the late 70's). Then they moved to Indian School road, then to 24th street.
Quilter's Ranch was in Tempe at Mill and Baseline area....my first apartment
was across the street before they were there. Those were really the only
two stores .... humm there might have been one over in Mesa...not sure.
Clothworld, Fabricland and Home Silk Shop were my other haunts. We could
have stashed enough cash to retire early if I didn't have this fabric and
associated paraphernalia addiction! It started many moons ago.

Kathyl
remove "nospam-" before mchsi

"Pati Cook" wrote in message
KJ there are lots of quilt shops in town. Several new ones, and one in
Scottsdale. Where abouts will you be? If you have a chance let me know

and I
can try to meet you somewhere? I know that I will be a QuiltZ on Sat.

for
Thimbleberries meeting, and will be basting my Dear Jane quilt afterwards.
Pati, in Phx.

KJ wrote:

I'm coming to Phx/Scottsdale this weekend for a wedding. Hope I have

time
to find a quilt shop. I used to live there so there are friends who

will be
upset if I sneak in and out without calling...sigh...so I doubt if I get

shop much.

"Pati Cook" wrote in message
KJ, my dad had/has lots of family down around Lone Tree, and some in

Iowa
City.

Pati, in Phx

KJ wrote:

East Central Iowa ...... Coralville a 'burb of Iowa City...or vice

versa!

"Judy W" wrote in message
nk.net...
I know I'm new here, and probably shouldn't even ask this

question.
But
was wondering where everyone was from? If this is a no-no I'm

sorry.
I live in Florida, North of Tampa.
Judy

Old October 12th 04, 10:02 PM
Regina

"Judy W" wrote in message ink.net...
I know I'm new here, and probably shouldn't even ask this question. But I
was wondering where everyone was from? If this is a no-no I'm sorry.
I live in Florida, North of Tampa.
Judy

Born in L.A., but been in Colorado the past 26 years.
Regina
Old October 12th 04, 10:07 PM
Pati Cook

He is Charles (Chuck??? not sure but may have had friends call him that) Carson. I
think Jo Ann went to PV too, but not sure.(She is a couple of years older I
think.)
My grandparents lived on Scarlet at that time. I could probably drive to where they
lived but not sure. (but I remember their phone number from that house. LOL )

Pati,in Phx.

Old October 12th 04, 10:14 PM
Pati Cook

Kathyl,
QuiltZ is on 32nd street just barely north of Thunderbird.
I remember the Apple on Thomas, then on Earrl in the converted house, and now on
24th where is it still is. New owner, but still there and a lot of the same
staff. I have taken classes there for several years.
If you remember the Home Silk shop on Indian School at 32nd street you know
where I worked for several years. HSS was bought out by So-Fro/House of Fabrics
which was then bought by the company that became Jo-Ann's. Went through that
final change over with them. The same manager through all of it, even. I quit
when he did,basically.

Understand about time. Next time you will just have to plan more time to visit
all sorts of places. BG

Pati, in Phx

Old October 13th 04, 12:44 AM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
Pati Cook wrote:

Try Fort Huachuca..........
often affectionately referred to as Fort Hootchi-cootchie. BG

Pati, in Phx

I lived there, too! They'd just reopened the fort after having it closed
for many years; we moved there from Maryland when I was just about ready
to start elementary school. We used to get deer on the roof of one
house, deer on the lawns of another.
Old October 13th 04, 12:45 AM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
Pati Cook wrote:

He is Charles (Chuck??? not sure but may have had friends call him that)
Carson. I
think Jo Ann went to PV too, but not sure.(She is a couple of years older I
think.)
My grandparents lived on Scarlet at that time. I could probably drive to
where they
lived but not sure. (but I remember their phone number from that house. LOL )

Well, I knew it was only a vague possibility that I knew him...