where is everyone from

Old October 8th 04, 03:48 PM
Mika

It's just a shame that something like a sponsorship into a quilt guild of
all things could be misconstrued in any way. Oh well you're probably better
off. Southold is a bit of a drive. I don't drive at all at night unless I
absolutely have to. Night blindness. And I just got new bifocals. LOL.

Mika

"ALZ" wrote in message
The show is next weekend -- Oct 16th and 17th It is a guild, but it's
been closed for a long time. I am not a member. You have to be
sponsored. I am a teacher. A parent of a student was going to sponsor
me a few years ago and my principal got wind of it and thought it
wasn't a good idea. I didn't have tenure. That parent has since moved.
So, instead, I just enjoy the shows. I considered joining ELIQG, but
the meetings are in Southold, and that's just too far for me to drive
by myself at night.

Good luck in Vegas!

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 01:15:30 GMT, "Mika"
wrote:

If it's this coming weekend I will be in Las Vegas. So no, I won't be

going.
Oh well maybe the next one. The Smithtown Stitchers, is that a quild? Or
what? I haven't heard of them.

Mika

Old October 8th 04, 03:50 PM
Mika

Hauppauge is another one that gets really strange pronunciations.

Mika

"ALZ" wrote in message

PATCH AWG

I used to work in an office where we got calls from all over the
country and would get the strangest pronunciations. It is an
Algonguin word.

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 02:28:49 GMT, "Pauline O'Connell"
wrote:

How exactly do you pronounce PATCHogue?? VWG

Pauline

Old October 8th 04, 04:28 PM
Debra

On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 18:01:38 GMT, "Judy W"
wrote:

I know I'm new here, and probably shouldn't even ask this question. But I
was wondering where everyone was from? If this is a no-no I'm sorry.
I live in Florida, North of Tampa.
Judy

South, central Virginia, USA.
Debra in VA
Old October 8th 04, 04:59 PM
nbhilyard

Barb, have you been back to Lake County lately?
Grayslake has grown a lot! The second Grayslake High School opened this
fall. There's a quilt shop downtown where the library used to be. (The new
library is now 7 years old.)

Nann
in Winthrop Harbor

"BarbQuilts" wrote in message
news
In the suburbs north of Atlanta, GA for 20 years. Grew up in Northern
Illinois around Grayslake, also lived in Wisconsin - Rhinelander and Eau
Claire.

--
BarbQuilts
take out the Cat to reply

"Lisa Caryl" wrote in message
oooooooops. North east of Des Moines
I'm normally not directionally challanged.
"Julia in MN" wrote in message
Lisa Caryl wrote:
Central Iowa, northwest of Des Moines, and East of Ames.

How can that be? I thought Ames was directly north of Des Moines; at
least that's what it looks like in my road atlas. If that is correct,

it
seems like anything northwest of Des Moines would also be west of Ames.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old October 8th 04, 07:17 PM
Kate Dicey

Sarah Dixon wrote:

I visit Dainty Supplies quite often. Have you been to Boyes in Chester
- le - Street? It has a small fabric department but I have found quite
a few bits and pieces there. There is also a fabric stall on Durham
indoor market, I've been to their factory unit this morning as it's only
open on a Friday. They are also doing one day quilting lessons at the
weekend, I'm doing one on applique in November - I'm really looking
forward to it

sarah

I've been to the Durham stall. Do you also know about the fabric shop
down the hill? (can't remember what it's called, but it's down a little
pathway with steps, almost opposite Woolworths... ). I'm not often up
that way, so getting time to go to places like Chester-le-Street is
hard. Nowt there fer t'lads to do!

Next time I'm up that way, I'll tell you I'm on the way, and we can meet
at Dainty! One day I really WILL buy some of their silk batting!

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old October 8th 04, 09:22 PM
Susan M

Austin, TX

Susan M, returning to RCTQ after a long absence, glad to see many familiar
names, hope to see some RCTQ faces in Houston in 3 weeks.

Old October 8th 04, 09:32 PM
frood

Woo hoo! Glad you see you again, Susan! And I'll be in Houston! Dang. 3
weeks already?

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

news

Old October 9th 04, 12:06 AM
Rita

Worked in Hauppauge in Dept. of Labor many moons ago!

--
Rita
http://ritasquilts.com
et...

Old October 9th 04, 12:21 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Maynard. Mom was from Stow.

--
LN a crazy quilter in NH
....[they had] leisure to make beautiful things just for the fun of it... -

wrote in message
Boxborough? Concord? Carlisle? Maynard? Stow? I worked for the

Acton-Boxborough
Regional School District. There was a lot of grass roots agitation for a
spelling of "Boxboro" like on the exit signs from I-495 :-). I think the

folks
of Foxborough managed to get Foxboro made their legal name, yuck.
--
Anne in CA
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl

Crow
http://home.covad.net/~arudolph/annes.htm

"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote:

I grew up (so to speak) in the town next to Acton, MA.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

wrote in message
born - Syracuse NY
college - Binghamton NY & Syracuse NY
resided (in order, since graduation) - El Progresso, Guatemala;

Flagstaff
AZ;
Moraga CA; Acton MA; Los Altos Hills CA (south of SF, near Palo Alto

and
Stanford)

great thread!
--

Judy W wrote:

I know I'm new here, and probably shouldn't even ask this question.

But
was wondering where everyone was from? If this is a no-no I'm sorry.
I live in Florida, North of Tampa.
Judy

remove NOSPAM to reply

---

remove NOSPAM to reply

---

Old October 9th 04, 12:24 AM
JoyceG in WA

I'm from Marlborough, MA, which everyone spells "Marlboro." Same thing with
the neighboring towns of Northboro, Southboro and Westboro. It seems like you
only see the name with the "ugh" added if it's an official item of some kind.

-JoyceG in WA, but my heart is in MA!