Stitching muliple pages of Pinn-Eight Immortals

Old May 10th 04, 06:54 PM
Liz Catron

Default Stitching muliple pages of Pinn-Eight Immortals

Hello All,
Stitching muliple pages of Pinn-Eight Immortals
I could use some help with stitching muliple pages. This pattern has
four pages
across and five pages down. What would be the best and easiest way to
stagger the stitches so I donot get a line showing the the page
changes in my work?
So far I have left some stitches empty in in the last row of blocks,
this means that I would have to scotch tape the last set of blocks to
the new page.
Another brain storm was to stitch to the bottom of the page and only
do a half cross stitch and leave the thread for future use. (hope I
can tell what thread is what?)There must be an easier way! Ideas
anyone? I am working this pattern on 25 count one-over-one,full cross.
480 x 373 stitches.
Thank you
Liz
Old May 10th 04, 08:16 PM
F.James Cripwell

Liz Catron ) writes:
Hello All,
[...]

I have now taught myself how to do this, but it takes a lot of
practice to do it my way. What I suggest you do is to get a magnetic
board for holding your pattern. This is merely a piece of polished steel,
with flexible magnets to hole down the pattern. Fold the pattern so that
the edges just match, and then stitch naturally across the boundary. The
awkward time comes when you are at the place where four corners meet. The
important thing is to stitch as I call it "naturally"; that is to make it
so that you take no notice of the change of page. HTH.
--
Jim Cripwell.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of one's life, any
Old May 10th 04, 11:27 PM
Joan Erickson

Liz Catron wrote:

Hello All,
Stitching muliple pages of Pinn-Eight Immortals
I could use some help with stitching muliple pages. This pattern has
four pages
across and five pages down. What would be the best and easiest way to
stagger the stitches so I donot get a line showing the the page
changes in my work?

I photocopy the pages, cut the margins off and tape them together.
That way I don't have to worry about that problem.
HTH!
--
Joan

See my first-ever design he
http://www.heritageshoppe.com/joan.jpg

"Stitch when you are young and poor, frame when you are old and rich."
- Elizabeth's (rctn'r) sister's MIL (Barbara Marr)