Quiltmaker Magazine

Old September 8th 09, 04:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Edna Pearl

Default Quiltmaker Magazine

"Sandy" wrote in message
OMG! This sounds terrible! Poor Ann! I have subscribed to Quilters
Newsletter for a couple of decades now, but this sort of treatment could
make me change my ways when my subscription expires.

This really is dreadful. FWIW, my SO snagged a box full of back issues of
QN for me from the local library's box of free magazines. The early issues
were amazing; the woman who built that publication had a real gift for
teaching, showcasing, and inspiring quilters. The magazine is nothing
compared to what it was "back in the day." It wouldn't hurt me a bit to
dump the subscription given this kind of legitimate "boycott" motivation.
But I don't take it! Now, however, I'm going to check who publishes the
magazine to which I just subscribed. If it's the same folks, they're not
welcome in my mailbox.

Edna Pearl

Old September 8th 09, 05:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Joanna[_2_]

I read it and will no longer purchase their mag or any others. This is
just wrong on so many levels.
Joanna

Taria wrote:
Is anyone familiar with this info:
http://annchampion.com/?p=250

Maybe Mickie but not sure she is at
liberty to talk about it.
Taria

Old September 8th 09, 05:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Allison

Roberta wrote:
My local quilting group has a member with APO access, so we're
collecting all the subscription cards we can find and sending them in
with "Pay Ann Champion".

That is a great idea! (especially if the cards are postage paid!)
Allison
Old September 8th 09, 06:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
ME-Judy[_6_]

I feel so badly for Ann! That quilt is on my "to-try out" list... and
Quiltmaker is "Making" out profits on other's quilts!
Daarn! I renewed my subscription about three months ago. Again, the
"Corporations" are making $$$ off the average person. Do not think I'll
ever renew my sub to this, or any other allied magazine!
ME-Judy

Old September 8th 09, 06:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

And didn't she say there was a typo in the magazine's instructions? Poor
gal- all the way around! That is a rotten shame!

Leslie- (never cared much for that magazine any way) & The Furbabies in MO.

wrote in message
Polly,

She got her quilt back. Then she got the run-around (seriously) when
trying to get payment. Company claiming it is outside the dates for
what they will cover, even though publication date is in the range.
All she got was one (or was it two) free copies of the mag, with her
quilt on the cover and her instructions inside...

But she did get her quilt back.

Hanne in DK

On Sep 8, 1:12 pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
I'm in a hurry this morning and didn't read all of that. Would somebody
please tell me if Ann DID get her quilt back? Polly
"Kate" wrote We hear a lot about copyright laws. Do not use the pattern
in
quilt

shows with permission of the designer, use the designer's name on the
quilt, do not use the patterns for anything other than personal use,
etc.

Isn't this case also a violation of copyright laws.

After all they contacted and duped her. Bait and switch. When a
company takes over another company they assume all assets and debts
too, don't they. The takeover has re-written the contract without
the consent of the quilt designer.

Sounds like lawsuit time against the company and the individuals that
represented the company.

And this is my opinion.

Kate T.

Old September 8th 09, 07:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

Default **NOT Quilters Newsletter Magazine!**

Folks, this is Quiltmaker magazine- NOT Quilter's Newsletter Magazine (QNM)!
There's BIG difference. Please don't hassle the wrong magazine.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old September 8th 09, 07:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Thank you, Hanne. I had an errand to run that was big Important and needed
to get safely back home before the afternoon thunderstorms came in. Polly

Hanne wrote

Old September 8th 09, 07:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary in Rock Island IL

"Leslie& The Furbabies in MO." wrote:

Folks, this is Quiltmaker magazine- NOT Quilter's Newsletter Magazine (QNM)!
There's BIG difference. Please don't hassle the wrong magazine.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

They (along with several other magazines) are owned by the same
business.

Old September 8th 09, 07:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Well, here's one time when my neatness obsession has backfired. I usually
toss those subscription cards before I even look at a magazine.
H-o-w-e-v-e-r I have found 2 and maybe there are a few more in my rather
substantial collection of Quiltmaker. Actually, I love the magazine and
believe there are some very nice people there who have been damaged. Wish
we could sift out the thugs. Polly

Old September 8th 09, 07:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nann

The editorial in the new issue of Quilters Newsletter was the last by
Jan Magee, saying that she will be the editor of Quilter's Home and
Angie Hodapp will be editor of QN. Jan mentioned the sale of the
magazine group to New Track. In addition to Quilters Newsletter,
Quiltmaker, McCall's Quilting, McCall's Quick Quilts, and Quilter's
Home, the group includes Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting and Keepsake
Quilting. Six magazines and a quilt shop is quite a conglomerate.

My questions: what will Mark Lipinksi's role be with Quilter's Home?
And do advertisers get a package deal for placing ads in multiple
publications?

Nann
who has QN/QNM back to issue #45 or some such and thus is a tad
obsessive about maintaining a continuous run despite the downturn in
editorial quality