finished a shop hop and some suggestions

Old October 2nd 04, 01:46 PM
Helen in MN

Default finished a shop hop and some suggestions

Well, I did it for the first time- finished a shop hop that is. (oh you with
dirty minds!!!!)
In the Twin Cities there is an established "Shop Till You Drop" of
established quit stores- but there are more in the area. This was spread
over quite a large area (in my mind, in this part of the country). But they
did it over 2 weekends so people had a chance to do it. I finished the whole
thing, turned in my card, and will now just wait to hear if I won the grand
prize of a Featherweight (no I don't know what year) or I will settle for
first prize of a $500 shopping spree. The fun part is that sat least 1/2 the
shops were new to me. Most of them were very nice.

I bought 1.3 yards of a Moda panel- Summers north by Holly Taylor. Very
pretty colors- tan, a purply deep red, a teal green; the pictures are of
wildflowers, cranes and dragonflies. I bought some matching fabric, thinking
to build log cabin blocks around them. The blocks vary in size, from about
3" square to 5" square.
Any suggestions of what the finished product should be????

--
Helen in MN

Old October 2nd 04, 03:22 PM
Betty in Wi

Is this the one that included The Quilted Shingle and A Time to Sew? Both
are "almost" local to me.

Betty in WI

Old October 2nd 04, 04:53 PM
Helen in MN

I know it had A time to Sew- nice shop, nice fabrics. I bought a pattern of
a flannel quilt she had hanging almost in the center of the shop. The
Quilted Shingle was very nice too- liked it better than Rosebud's, which was
one of the 10 featured shops in the Patchwork and Quilting mag. I left
thinking I'd go back there again. Lots of good examples, good mix of fabrics
too.

Helen

Old October 3rd 04, 02:31 AM
Betty in Wi

Rosebud's is good if you're interested in primitives and wool
applique....not much for cottons. I thought it would be fun to do that
shophop sometime........but didn't make it this year.

Betty in WI

Old October 4th 04, 02:05 AM
Julia in MN

I really like Quilted Shingle, too. I've taken a couple of classes there
from Carolyn, the owner. I don't live real close, but we drive right
past when we go to my son's house

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/