Happy dance, but tired/sore back...

Old September 22nd 04, 12:33 AM
hfw

Default Happy dance, but tired/sore back...

Just made my first quillow, for DGD's 5th birthday. First time I ever
"birthed" a quilt--yeow! I think that's harder than sandwiching and
binding--and (drumroll, please!) first quilting I ever did on our new
PCQuilter!!!

The sore back is because I've got to get that table up higher--especially if
I'm gonna keep making knucklehead mistakes that take forever, bent over, to
undo. The quilting is done in sort of random rows of 60s-style flowers.
Really simple, but I forgot to lower the presser foor a couple of times and
had doozies of thread nests and bobbin jams. Challenging to get to those
suckers when the machine is jammed and the quilt's on a frame...

Hope I've learned my lesson... pix in the quilting folder...

--Heidi

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

Old September 22nd 04, 05:21 AM
Polly Esther

I will have to happy dance for you in the morning, Heidi. It's dark here and
the gators aren't appreciative of anyone who disturbs their rest. But happy
dance I will; congratulations and atta girl. Just have to add this: I am
teaching a beginner quilter. Probably I've missed teaching her some
important things but you can bet you boots that if you shook her out of a
sound sleep, she would say, "Foot down, needle down, grab the rabbit by its
ears". I'm so very sorry that I wasn't there to nag (teach?) you but I'm
sure you learned the very hardest way. Those thread nests surely do take the
pleasure out of enjoying your new tool. Betting you don't forget again,
Polly

Old September 22nd 04, 06:46 AM
hfw

Thank you! Actually, I do know it...in my head. But I think it's in my bones
now, too. Or at least I hope so! Should be a fun tool, though I felt a bit
like a one-armed paper hanger today...

--Heidi

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

ink.net...

Old September 22nd 04, 06:52 AM
Terbear

Heidi,
your work is always so stunning!!!

--
Teri
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts

Old September 22nd 04, 03:48 PM
hfw

Thank you! And *you've been up to some neat stuff--I absolutely adore your
fabric pumpkin! And the quilt for Mrs. Wetherbee is totally charming.

"hfw" wrote in message
[...]

It is time for happy dance again! Pirjo Ilvesvuori Needlework 0 June 15th 04 12:07 PM
2 YEAR HAPPY DANCE IN WAITING!!!!!!!!!!! Angbug Needlework 3 April 26th 04 08:40 PM
Happy Dance! Quilt is finished! Was: Quilting pins, designs, etc. Beth Pierce Quilting 4 February 27th 04 12:38 AM
happy dance Ann Adamson Quilting 30 July 13th 03 06:35 PM
happy dance LN \(remove NOSPAM\) Quilting 0 July 10th 03 01:09 AM