French fabric

Old October 2nd 04, 06:48 PM
The Laws

Default French fabric

I did buy some fabric at Le Louvray in Paris, in packets like fat
quarters, and the material is courser by feel, so if you want to mix some
with American prints or solids you would have to hunt for some a little
courser to mix well, but there are a lot in the US with a courser feel and
look, and it doesn't mean cheaper or inferior fabrics.

--
All outgoing mail is scanned by Norton Anti Virus software.

Old October 3rd 04, 03:49 AM
Pauline O'Connell

Thanks for that info. You described exactly what mine feels like. If
anyone is interested in a US store that carries the French fabrics, (same
price range) check www.lesalpilles-provence.com They are in Newport Beach,
CA. They have a pretty good sized collection.

Pauline

Old October 3rd 04, 09:08 AM
Heidi from Germany

Pauline you just saved an UFO...
Can you imagine maybe 6 years ago I bought some French fabric in a
little store in Adge in southern France. In March 2003 I took a class
and started a quilt with this fabric. Of course now I ran out of it
and the top is now on my UFO pile and I don't know what to do with it.
And now I find exactly that fabric in this shop.
Thank you so much. I even found a matching fabric with stripes and as
I need a border maybe I'll take that one....
Heidi from Germany

"Pauline O'Connell" schrieb:

Thanks for that info. You described exactly what mine feels like. If
anyone is interested in a US store that carries the French fabrics, (same
price range) check www.lesalpilles-provence.com They are in Newport Beach,
CA. They have a pretty good sized collection.

Pauline

"The Laws" wrote in message
m...
I did buy some fabric at Le Louvray in Paris, in packets like fat
quarters, and the material is courser by feel, so if you want to mix some
with American prints or solids you would have to hunt for some a little
courser to mix well, but there are a lot in the US with a courser feel and
look, and it doesn't mean cheaper or inferior fabrics.

--
All outgoing mail is scanned by Norton Anti Virus software.

http://hbquilts.bei.t-online.de
mail: please remove quilt from address
Old October 3rd 04, 07:17 PM
Pauline O'Connell

Heidi,
I'm so happy, happy, happy that I could actually help someone! Good luck
finishing up that quilt. I so love the fabrics of France! I'm sure it will
be beautiful when it's finished!

Pauline

"Pauline O'Connell" schrieb:

Thanks for that info. You described exactly what mine feels like. If
anyone is interested in a US store that carries the French fabrics, (same
price range) check www.lesalpilles-provence.com They are in Newport

Beach,
CA. They have a pretty good sized collection.

Pauline

m...

Old October 3rd 04, 07:33 PM
Heidi from Germany

I contacted lesalpilles to ask if they'd ship to Germany. Got a quick
answer with the link to their French retailer. Now I can contact them
and ask for addresses in Germany or France. This will save me a lot of
shipping and custom fees. So just wanted to recommend them for their
great customer service even for non-customers :-)
Heidi from Germany
"Pauline O'Connell" schrieb:

Thanks for that info. You described exactly what mine feels like. If
anyone is interested in a US store that carries the French fabrics, (same
price range) check www.lesalpilles-provence.com They are in Newport Beach,
CA. They have a pretty good sized collection.

Pauline

m...

quilt shops in NY Terbear Quilting 8 April 6th 04 08:41 PM
Squishie Fabric Quality Mika Quilting 21 April 3rd 04 04:18 PM
Pirates o' the South Pacific Swap frood Quilting 27 January 25th 04 12:04 AM
elusive fabric! (long) Debbi Quilting 8 December 18th 03 07:54 PM
FABRICS on Bidville joan Marketplace 0 October 5th 03 05:52 PM