OT totally longish QI story

Old August 3rd 10, 07:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Default OT totally longish QI story

what we do around here for fun on hot summer evenings. Taria

So Ginger dog is out in the yard going nuts over one of the old sewing
machine heads I have planted in the garden. She is relentless. Flowers and
dirt have flown and she is ready to keel over from being there so long and
working so hard. I picked up the machine. She goes crazier. More digging
more attacking the sewing machine head. I decided to soak the thing. I
spray the inside with the hose hoping to chase something out or at least get
rid of the smell. Nothing comes out she still is beside herself. 5 minutes
more of her attacking the machine I decide maybe I didn't get enough water
in the thing. After standing over the thing and shooting water in it out
comes a small wet mouse. You think the dog sees the mouse? You think she
chases when I lead her in the right direction? Georgia pooch thought the
whole incident a big fat waste of energy. Ginger collapsed until she
regrouped and went back to digging at the machine. I finally put it out
back where some weeds need dug up. Ginger is special. She deserves the
dumb dog song with an extra chorus of stupid thrown in. I am not too bright
myself. At the rate I am going here the mouse will be in the house as a new
pet. LOL

Old August 3rd 10, 07:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

But those goofy, silly Golden Retrievers are soooo delightful! I get
tickled at some of my Hoover's antics- I adore everything about him from his
sweet, loving, gentle personality to his silly antics and attempts to 'talk'
to me to stroking his beautiful silky coat and his willingness to please me.
But, I hafta agree, Goldens are certainly The Blondes of the canine world
for all their charm and beauty! ;-)

Give your girls a special pat and a hug from me and The HairyButt Gang. And
thanks for sharing your cute story and making me smile.

Leslie

Old August 3rd 10, 10:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

We completely understand your mouse event. Now and then we have a turtle
crossing here and the Yorkie is crazy-fiercely determined to protect us from
the danger. We try really hard to make sure we see the turtle before he
does. Polly

Old August 4th 10, 01:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

they are delightful. Ginger is just the silliest gal. they appreciate all
the hugs they get!
Taria

"

Old August 4th 10, 01:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

It is tough to argue with a protector. I bet Ginger would have a fun time
chasing turtles. I whole lot less work.
There are few reportings of mouse or turtle attacks lately
but we are protected.
Taria