Right, I'm off... While I'm having a fly cuppa...

Old March 17th 04, 06:21 PM
Kate Dicey

Default Right, I'm off... While I'm having a fly cuppa...

...I thought I'd let you know how it went!

Friday was a mad dash up the A1 - we left late because a work email DH
Alan was trying to download failed and he had to go into work for half
an hour to pick it up! GRR!

We had about 6 1/2 hours driving and the traffic was nasty. Still. we
were there by about 7:30 pm, and James's godfather had cooked a nice
chilli for dinner. We shared our holiday house with him and his SO and
the son of Nel the R.C.T.Q Gadget queen (James's godmother). Janet's
dress was duly delivered, tried on ( a perfect fit!), and much admired!

Saturday was great: we all went off to the Tankerville Arms for lunch:
Our hosts had booked a bus from the cottages to the pub and back, so we
didn't have to watch what we drank! Bus brought us 'home' again later,
and I set up the machine and put a shirt together that afternoon. It
was a bit cramped and a bit dark for sewing in the bedroom, but better
than scattering scraps of silk all over the house or risking losing a
vital shirt piece!

Saturday evening the bus came back for us, and we piled the food (I
cooked a whole salmon that morning before going to the pub!) and
ourselves into it and went to the Glanton Village hall. We set up the
food on the tables downstairs by the kitchen (there was so much of it
that the tables were groaning and overflowing!), broke out the beer and
wine, and had a serious ceilidh! The band was great, and Janet's Morris
side did some exhibition dances for us. The dance caller had all the
dancers skipping and hopping, and they thought being allowed to dig into
all out home made food was fantastic.

At the end, the bus came back for us, and we piled ourselves and the
leftovers onto it and went back to the holiday cottages, leaving the
hall as we usually leave these places - cleaner than we found it!

Sunday was a day of recovery: swimming in the morning, lunch with some
of our friends, and dinner for those staying over for Monday departure
was the left overs from Saturday. I spent most of Sunday pm sewing
again: 3/4 of the other shirt!

We left at about 10:30 on Monday morning, and went to inspect the In
Laws: MIL is looking rather frail but you prayers are working and she
is much better than she was. She's put on a little weight and gone UP
to 5 1/2 stone (77 lbs!)!!

We also called in at our weekend hosts on the way home, stopped for
dinner half way home, and got in at 10:30 pm on Monday evening. I then
set up the machine and did a couple more hours sewing...

I've been sewing almost ever since! Most of what's left to do is the
hand finish bits and the buttons! There will be pix later...

Right! Time to get back to the machine!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk