warm & fuzzy

Old July 18th 05, 03:40 PM
Allyson Brown

Default warm & fuzzy

Just a little story.....
I was at my niece's Sweet 16 on Saturday night, which was a lovely event. My
SO and I wandered around the house because there were pictures of my niece
throughout the house and big beautiful balloons, flowers, etc.
So we walked upstairs to the girls' bedrooms to see more balloons........and
in each of the girls' bedrooms (both nieces) were beautifully displayed
their quilts. One was a dance-themed blue lap quilt made several years ago
that I was amazed to see was looking good despite obviously being used and
washed repeatedly; and the other was a yellow and pink YBR made last year.
It warmed my heart to see that two teenagers, who have had absolutely
everything they've ever wanted and everything on a silver platter, still
cherish the quilts made by Auntie Al.
Though they're only 14 and 16, it reminded me that I want to start doing a
variety of large quilt tops so that one day all my nieces and nephews can
choose from a variety when they get married (and then quilt the chosen top
when the time comes).
Proud Auntie Al, who may get back to some MQing

Old July 18th 05, 04:18 PM
Kellie J. Berger

That's wonderful! and now you have given me a reason to not worry about
just making tops :~)
not that i won't try to finish many of them...

-- Kellie
kjbeanne at yahoo dot com
www.kjbeanne.com/kellie.htm

.. .

OT warm fuzzy maryd Quilting 15 March 18th 05 05:04 PM
A XS "warm fuzzy" Barbara Hass Needlework 3 September 17th 04 07:10 PM
Tried Insul-Bright from Warm Co. Susan Laity Price Quilting 4 September 3rd 04 02:32 PM
The Warm Company is great! SunnyQuilt Quilting 0 March 30th 04 04:53 PM
Warm and Natural batting Linda Quilting 7 September 19th 03 12:54 PM