GREAT B-day gift!!

Old January 8th 04, 01:15 AM
Coleen

Tia Mary --

Belated Happy Birthday!!! I just returned from vacation in Myrtle Beach
(where I got to also play two rounds of golf) and I bought one of the kits
of the hooker rug. I have done a little over one row and I am loving it.
Let me know how yours goes. I am also looking for an extra tool for my
daughter (she already has the canvas and heaven knows she has plenty of
fabric scraps since she is a quilter) so if you happen to see one, please
let me know.

Love in Stitches,

Coleen

"Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply " wrote in
message ...
Hi Guys,
So -- this is all going somewhere -- honest :-)). DH and I were over

at her
house for a birthday treat and to get my present. I open up this gift and

it's
a new type of hooked rug. You cut strips of fabric and hook them onto the

rug
backing with a special crochet type hook that has a large eye on the

opposite
end. First you thread some cording through the eye and then tie it to the
corner of the backing. Then you use the crochet hook to bring loops of

fabric
to the top of the backing and you keep the loops on the shaft of the hook.
Once you get about half dozen of the loops on the hook, you draw the hook

all
the way through pulling that cord through the loops. The cord is what

keeps
the loops on the top of the rug. Looks like a lot of fun and I plan to

bring
it with me to Charleston CATS.