Online Quilt Stores, a roll call

Old January 17th 05, 09:23 PM
Diana Curtis

Default Online Quilt Stores, a roll call

It has been a while since we had a roll call of online stores that we love,
for their selection, service, prices and sale values. If you feel you want
to warn people of a business that does less than beautifully then please do,
lets not get unpleasent. State facts. Thats good enough.
I'm really most interested in "The Best Of" list. My favorites folder isnt
full enough. :-)
If it is possible would you please post a clickable link?
Thanks!
Diana
--
Weird people need beads, too

Old January 17th 05, 09:34 PM
Marlys in Indiana

For what it is worth, I have not had direct experience with this website,
but at alt.sewing newsgroup I have had bad reports about FabricClub.com
and it should not be confused with Fashion Fabrics Club. Might want to
check over on that newsgroup for actual reports - dated 1-14-05.
Just reporting a 'heads-up" from another newsgroup.
Marlys in Indiana

Old January 17th 05, 10:17 PM
I.E.Z.

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
It has been a while since we had a roll call of online stores that we

love,
for their selection, service, prices and sale values. If you feel you want
to warn people of a business that does less than beautifully then please

do,
lets not get unpleasent. State facts. Thats good enough.
I'm really most interested in "The Best Of" list. My favorites folder

isnt
full enough. :-)
If it is possible would you please post a clickable link?
Thanks!
Diana
--

http://www.quiltingcottontest.com/

http://www.quiltersquarter.com/

Iris

Old January 17th 05, 11:25 PM
Marcella Peek

In article ,
"Diana Curtis" wrote:

It has been a while since we had a roll call of online stores that we love,
for their selection, service, prices and sale values. If you feel you want
to warn people of a business that does less than beautifully then please do,
lets not get unpleasent. State facts. Thats good enough.
I'm really most interested in "The Best Of" list. My favorites folder isnt
full enough. :-)
If it is possible would you please post a clickable link?
Thanks!
Diana
--
Weird people need beads, too

My very favorite is

http://www.sweettreat.com

The do very wonderful packs of 8 fat quarters. Not super cheap but
lovely coordinations - I am not a fan of 8 colorways of the same print
or 8 fabrics of one line, those look flat to me. They do have a small
sale section and a fabric sale section too. When you have a sweet treat
in your hot little hands, you can call them and say...I have "name of
packet" and I would love three yards of fabric number 3 for the border
and in a few days the cute UPS man will show up with it. Most often I
shop with them at quilt shows, but I do love to drool over the website.

marcella
Old January 17th 05, 11:38 PM
Debbi

I won a $10 gift certificte to Quilted Blessings through the Mall Crawl.
Placed an order around Christmas, have never heard from the owner. Contacted
Mall Crawl, they resent the message to Quilted Blessings letting them know I
was the winner and that I had tried to contact them. I sent a second message
to Quilted Blessings 2 weeks ago. Still no word. As far as I am concerned, I
will never do business with them again.

I have several I have used and love. Unfortunately, don't have the names
handy since the 'puter went kaput a few weeks ago and had to be reformatted.

Debbi in SO CA

Old January 17th 05, 11:55 PM
Diana Curtis

While I am sorry to hear about your experiences with Quilted Blessings I am
glad that I started this thread, perhaps you can regain your favorites again
quickly!
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too

Old January 18th 05, 12:03 AM
Polly Esther

It is just fine to drool over the website but don't be drooling over the
cute UPS guy. His wife would whip you in a heartbeat. I'm sure. I'm her
mother-in-law. Polly

"Marcella Peek" wrote My very favorite is

Old January 18th 05, 12:03 AM
Susan Kraterfield

some of my favorites..

http://www.equilter.com/

http://www.craftconn.com/

http://www.everythingquilts.com/

http://store.yahoo.com/phoenixtextiles/fabric.html

http://www.virginiaquilter.com/

http://www.webfabrics.net/ -- my best source for moda multimates & fossil
ferns

http://www.batiks.com/default.asp

http://www.bighornquilts.com/

--
susan kraterfield
see my quilts: members.cox.net/kratersge

Old January 18th 05, 12:12 AM
Polly Esther

The favorites here are www.equilter.com (Luana and Paul belong to us),
www.bighornquilts.com, but I always check first when I'm on a hunt over at
www.fabric.com. They are not the fastest but usually have the best price. I
did get a shipment of duds from fabric.com once but they very quickly and
sweetly did a full refund.
So sorry that memory fails me here - but there's another quilt shop
owner who posts with us - and helped me greatly one time when I was on a
serious hunt, but I just can not remember who it was. Will somebody please
come kick me. Might jog the memory. Polly