Another sewing machine to buy

Old January 1st 10, 01:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Default Another sewing machine to buy

As if I wasn't full up on sewing machines. Along comes Babylock with
their new Sashiko sewing machine. It is a single purpose machine to
replicate the Sashiko stitch on traditional Japanese quilts. I so want
one of these things. I know that it is an "unnecessary" purchase, and
I don't know what they will sell for, and I have never made a Sashiko
quilt, but hey, that hasn't stopped me from buying a lot of things,
that I was glad I did after I bought them. Here is a link to the
website for the machine. Hopefully it won't be Tooooo expensive, when
they finally arrive.
http://www.babylock.com/quilting/sashiko/

John

Old January 1st 10, 02:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lelandite

It sure is a beaut, John! Now it's on my list of new SM that I
just have to have. Do let us know when you find out the sticker
shock.

I've covered every one of my furtue birthdays and Christmas
I think until 2025 with "stuff" I had to have and almost all of it has
been good stuff. I could easily make it 2026.

How about you? Have you got/boughten anything for Christmas
2010 just for yourself?

Donna
in WA

Old January 1st 10, 02:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bev in TX

On Jan 1, 7:33*am, John wrote:
As if I wasn't full up on sewing machines. Along comes Babylock with
their new Sashiko sewing machine. It is a single purpose machine to
replicate the Sashiko stitch on traditional Japanese quilts. I so want
one of these things. I know that it is an "unnecessary" purchase, and
I don't know what they will sell for, and I have never made a Sashiko
quilt, but hey, that hasn't stopped me from buying a lot of things,
that I was glad I did after I bought them. Here is a link to the
website for the machine. Hopefully it won't be Tooooo expensive, when
they finally arrive.http://www.babylock.com/quilting/sashiko/

John

My LQS carrys them. I asked the price a few months ago, but I
unfortunately don't remember what they said. I do remember that it
was rather expensive (at least for me).

Bev in TX
Old January 1st 10, 02:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Jan 1, 9:43*am, Bev in TX wrote:
On Jan 1, 7:33*am, John wrote:

As if I wasn't full up on sewing machines. Along comes Babylock with
their new Sashiko sewing machine. It is a single purpose machine to
replicate the Sashiko stitch on traditional Japanese quilts. I so want
one of these things. I know that it is an "unnecessary" purchase, and
I don't know what they will sell for, and I have never made a Sashiko
quilt, but hey, that hasn't stopped me from buying a lot of things,
that I was glad I did after I bought them. Here is a link to the
website for the machine. Hopefully it won't be Tooooo expensive, when
they finally arrive.http://www.babylock.com/quilting/sashiko/

John

My LQS carrys them. *I asked the price a few months ago, but I
unfortunately don't remember what they said. *I do remember that it
was rather expensive (at least for me).

Bev in TX

I was afraid of that. There aren't any Babylock machine vendors close
to me. So I won't be able to see one any time soon. Not that I could
afford one at this time anyway.

John
Old January 1st 10, 03:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice in PA[_3_]

I saw a demonstration at the PA Quilt Show last year, and it is expensive!
If I remember correctly, it's in the $1,500 range.....way too much for a
single-purpose machine. That's just my opinion.

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu

Old January 1st 10, 03:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria[_2_]

You have my permission to go for it. I am sure Lois
would agree. ; ) I see cushions in the meditation
room. One of the magazines had it advertised in
the last issue. Nosing around the new someone
mentions $1600. That is kind of pricey for such
a limited use machine. I am glad you are lusting
after it and not me!
Taria

Old January 1st 10, 03:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Jan 1, 8:33*am, John wrote:
As if I wasn't full up on sewing machines. Along comes Babylock with
their new Sashiko sewing machine. It is a single purpose machine to
replicate the Sashiko stitch on traditional Japanese quilts. I so want
one of these things. I know that it is an "unnecessary" purchase, and
I don't know what they will sell for, and I have never made a Sashiko
quilt, but hey, that hasn't stopped me from buying a lot of things,
that I was glad I did after I bought them. Here is a link to the
website for the machine. Hopefully it won't be Tooooo expensive, when
they finally arrive.http://www.babylock.com/quilting/sashiko/

John

I agree that the 1500-1600 price range is a bit much for such a
dedicated machine, but then again: "If wishes were horses, then
beggars could ride".
Sigh!

John
Old January 1st 10, 03:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Taria"John" wrote in message

As if I wasn't full up on sewing machines. Along comes Babylock with
their new Sashiko sewing machine. It is a single purpose machine to
replicate the Sashiko stitch on traditional Japanese quilts. I so want
one of these things. I know that it is an "unnecessary" purchase, and
I don't know what they will sell for, and I have never made a Sashiko
quilt, but hey, that hasn't stopped me from buying a lot of things,
that I was glad I did after I bought them. Here is a link to the
website for the machine. Hopefully it won't be Tooooo expensive, when
they finally arrive.
http://www.babylock.com/quilting/sashiko/

John

I think Lois would view it as a useful weight, to fill the sack with
my body, as she threw it off the bridge. The only thing saving me at
this time is that the rivers hereabouts are frozen over. I dare not
breach the subject.

John
Old January 1st 10, 06:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Oh my, John, that was a saying my mother used all the time!
She was born and raised in Philadelphia. I have designs done for a
quilt based on that saying!

Ginger in CA

Old January 1st 10, 07:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Jan 1, 7:51*am, John wrote:

On Jan 1, 8:33*am, John wrote:

[...]

Mine too. although it was Seattle rather than Philly.

John

New Sewing Machine Sharon Quilting 0 November 16th 08 03:16 PM
New sewing machine! simpleseven Quilting 5 June 30th 07 07:09 AM
Old sewing machine question .. EMDEKO machine NE Sailboat Sewing 1 January 18th 07 06:39 PM
Is ths a good deal? Grace Quilting Sewing Frame +Janome 1600 Sewing Machine bobbi Quilting 12 December 8th 06 09:18 PM
wha+ do i wan+ in a sewing machine? DrQuilter Quilting 6 October 26th 04 05:38 AM