Dropping by to say Hello

Old December 17th 09, 12:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Judie in Penfield NY[_5_]

Default Dropping by to say Hello

Hello everyone,

I have dropped over the last few month but just enough to try to keep up
a little with what everyone has been doing. I'm in the midst of some
quickie Christmas/Thanksgiving placemats for my daughter and they are
almost like quilting as they have a front, back, and batting in the
middle. And the very first thing I've "birthed"....well in the textile
area at least. I've been wanting to make some holiday place mats for a
few years now and since it doesn't look like I'll be making those cute
pieced miniature quilts any time soon I might as well go ahead and get
something finished for us to use. I have them assembled and have done
some stitching around the edges. DD wants them to be free motion quilted
but I'm not sure that will happen any time soon.

I have been doing some sewing, I made winter scarves for several
grandchildren and children as Christmas gifts and have been making
clothes for 4 of my DGDs and diapers and diaper covers for the youngest
DGD. Along with crib sheets, blankets, receiving blankets, burp cloths,
washcloths, and other miscellaneous quick sewing projects. It's been 6
or more months since I last quilted and I feel the pull to start
something new very soon. Maybe finally a quilt of my own this time.

Even though I haven't been quilting I do like to try to keep up with all
of you and wanted to make sure to come by and say hello and Merry
Christmas or Happy Holidays or just Happy Wednesday.

Judie in Penfield NY (really missing being home in South Lake Tahoe at
this time of year)
Old December 17th 09, 01:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

Judie in Penfield NY wrote:
[...]

Judie,

You may not have been doing as much quilting, but you've certainly been
creative and productive. I got tired just reading all of the things
you've worked on! ;-)

Happy Holidays to you!
Michelle in Nevada
Old December 17th 09, 02:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
Judie in Penfield NY wrote:

[...]

It's good to see you here, Judie!