NOT OT QI gifts?

Old December 15th 09, 06:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default NOT OT rain

Well @#$!
I guess the best bet is to bake cookies but my very finest recipe really
needs minor humidity or they are sticky. Delicious, but sticky.
We had 5½" of rain Friday night, steady rain since then, relentless rain
today and 8½" of rain coming down tonight.
Not much chance of a nice dry day anytime soon.
I guess I'll bake a major pan of biscuits and take them with jam.
Biscuits are good in any weather. Polly

Old December 15th 09, 03:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie Patterson[_2_]

Default NOT OT QI gifts?

Our dogs are mostly clean, only need the occasional bath, they lick
themselves cat-like. Jim just takes them into the bathroom shuts the
door and gives them a bath.

The cat is different, she won't let me brush her so she gets
tangles/mats, the groomers love her she gets the tangles cut out and a
bath and pedicure. The say that she just stands there, no problem, a
lot of their other cat clients need sedated. She is a Maine Coon cat,
long hair with dense under coat.

Bonnie, in Middletown, VA

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 03:08:04 GMT, (NightMist)
wrote:

There is a reason I pay the vet to wash the cat!

By the by, the bath-bootie notion was a complete disaster.
She went into a complete panic, spanged off several walls and people,
convinced the other cats we were killing her, and shredded the booties
while she was wearing them, all in the space of what seemed like hour
long seconds. It took us hours to find her again. For a huge cat she
can cram herself into some pretty tiny spaces. I'm not quite sure how
she got out of the bathroom unless it was an emergency teleport.

Maybe I should carry some christmas goodies in to the vet's office...

NightMist
address the card: To the brave team that baths and grooms Thorncat.
May you never need stitches.

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 15:25:24 -0800, Sandy
wrote:

In article ,
"Taria" wrote:

I think you should go for something quilty in a doggy print. LOL

LOL!

No groomer here but dog baths are my job. The neighbors have
a groomer that comes to the house. They park the rig in the
driveway right out my front room and run a loud generator for
almost 2 hours when they show up. It is rotten. I am thinking
they should buy me ear plugs. The first time after about an
hour I peeked in and asked them how long it was going to
go on. The poor dog was standing there shaking like a leaf.
Is that what all dogs that get groomed go through? I doubt I
would want a dog that had to go through that.
Taria

Some dogs are very calm about being groomed, and others are basket cases
(and everything in between). One of the reasons I groom Bisou myself is
that she's so traumatized about being groomed by someone else. She
doesn't really like it when I do it, but at least she doesn't have a
nervous breakdown. :S

I'm Bisou's groomer -- let me think about what I should do for myself.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net

Old December 17th 09, 01:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

A gift card for a local grocery store can be used for necessities (milk and
bread) or for luxuries (caviar and wine!) It can be used for high calorie
food and for celery. So, you could cover all bases with one of those cards.
Pat in VA/USA

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
Almost all of us have QIs. Some quite dedicated to the inspection duties.
Mr. Esther says that ours sat on and sniffed every single branch of the
Christmas tree as he was trying to put it up. We would like to do
something appreciative for Yogi's very gentle groomer for Christmas.
I'm thinking I could cut bandanas for their next holiday - maybe Feb
14th? Food is always welcome. Have you thought of a way to say 'Merry
Christmas and thank you' to your QI's groomer? With the economy in such
a mess and everybody on a diet, I just don't know which way to go. Polly

Old December 17th 09, 01:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

You need to buy Bisou's owner a packet of Fat Quarters!
Pat in Virginia

"Sandy" wrote in message

Almost all of us have QIs. cut.Have you thought of a way to say 'Merry

Old December 17th 09, 02:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Pat in Virginia" wrote:

You need to buy Bisou's owner a packet of Fat Quarters!
Pat in Virginia

What a good idea, Pat! G

Your gifts anne Needlework 99 December 30th 08 04:59 PM
Got $5 gifts? Here's 3 for you....................... pretty cheap jewelry Marketplace 0 October 31st 07 04:47 PM
Gifts in a Jar [email protected] General Crafting 0 July 29th 06 04:28 PM
OT gifts for 6 yr old ??? Polly Esther Quilting 65 December 23rd 04 11:33 PM
GIFTS! Matthew Benedict Marketplace 0 April 6th 04 07:02 AM