OT - jokes...

Old November 12th 03, 12:22 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Default OT - jokes...

A little girl, dressed in her Sunday best, was running as fast as she could,
trying not to be late for Bible class. As she ran she prayed, "Dear Lord,
please don't let me be late! Dear Lord, please don't let me be
late!"

While she was running and praying, she tripped on a curb and fell,getting
her clothes dirty and tearing her dress. She got up, brushed herself off,
and started running again.

As she ran she once again began to pray, "Dear Lord, please don't let me be
late... But please don't shove me either!"

A little girl became restless as the preacher's sermon dragged on and on.
Finally, she leaned over to her mother and whispered, "Mommy, if we give him
the money now, will he let us go?"

An elderly woman died last month. Having never married, she requested no
male pallbearers. In her handwritten instructions for her memorial service
she wrote, "They wouldn't take me out while I was alive, I don't want them
to take me out when I'm dead.

A police recruit was asked during the exam, "What would you do if you had to
arrest your own mother?" He said, "Call for backup."

A Sunday school teacher asked the children just before she dismissed them to
go to church, "And why is it necessary to be quiet in church?" Annie
replied, "Because people are sleeping."

Sunday School teacher asked her class why Joseph and Mary took Jesus with
them to Jerusalem. A small child replied, "They couldn't get a baby-sitter."

A Sunday school teacher was discussing the Ten Commandments with her five
and six year olds. After explaining the commandment to "honor thy father and
thy mother," she asked, "Is there a commandment that teaches us how to treat
our brothers and sisters?" Without missing a beat one little boy answered,
"Thou shall not kill."

At Sunday School they were teaching how God created everything, including
human beings. Little Johnny seemed especially intent when they told him how
Eve was created out of one of Adam's ribs. Later in the week his mother
noticed him lying down as though he were ill, and said, "Johnny, what is the
matter?" Little Johnny responded, "I have pain in my side. I think I'm going
to have a wife."

Two boys were walking home from Sunday School after hearing strong preaching
on the devil. One said to the other, "What do you think about all this Satan
stuff?" The other boy replied, "Well, you know how Santa Claus turned out.
It's probably just your dad."

Old November 12th 03, 12:51 AM
Carolyn McCarty

Snicker, snicker! Thanks!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green
If it ain't broke, it ain't mine. Carolyn McCarty

Old November 12th 03, 02:59 AM
The Brown Family

She's baaaaaack! Thanks for the laugh LN!

Lorraine

"Carolyn McCarty" wrote in message
Snicker, snicker! Thanks!

Old November 12th 03, 06:12 PM
Royce

And I'm so glad she is!

--
Royce
A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

. rogers.com...