What do you like/don't you like about quilting?

Old January 29th 05, 05:57 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Diana Curtis" wrote:

OOhhh.. would you get me a 'tissue' too, please? Ummm.. some of the pretty
white with roses on it please... and that coordinating solid pink... some of
the leaf green?...
Diana

Sure, Diana! We'll share! g

--
Weird people need beads, too
"Sandy Foster" wrote in message
In article ,
"Polly Esther" wrote:

But, but . . . I didn't mean to get you all weepy. Just sharing some

very
truly joyous feelings. Gay, even. Does that mean I have to come out of

the
closet? Polly

"Diana Curtis" wrote:

Sniff.
Best answer award goes to.. this post...

Sandy wrote .... . wiping my eyes

Don't worry, Polly! They were sentimental tears, not sad ones. And
yes, please do come out of that closet. I trust it's the one with your
stash and that I can sneak in while your back is turned to get me a
tissue?
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education

Old January 29th 05, 06:36 PM
ALZ

Well, I have a 20 yo, currently college student, but she has a bit of
maturing to do yet, I 'm afraid. Although she expects maturity in her
bfs and is always disappointed. She is a Spanish/Italian Education
major. Maybe after she graduates and has to join the real world?

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 12:30:23 -0500, "NanaV" NanaV@-nospam-net wrote:

I have a wonderful 27 year old son also. He wants to stay in the NY area
though. He works in NYC (at a good, high-paying job) and has his own
business on the side as well (please note: hard working, initiative). He is
"easy on the eyes" as they say. Works out regularly and is a wonderful cook
(specializes in Indian and Italian foods). He is handy and can fix ANYTHING
(takes after his Dad). He loves his family and is good to old people and
animals. If how he is with his niece any indicator, he'll be a wonderful
father. And he also loves quilts and respects those that make them.

Maybe we need to start matching up our family members. You know RCTQDS -
RCTQ Dating Services?

Nana

"Louise" wrote in message
Denise, would you consider sending your DS to Iowa? I have a niece who's

the
right age and looking -- and she likes quits (in fact, when she was three

or
four, I made her a yellow and white Irish chain with hearts appliquéd in

the
white spaces).

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

I think the Irish Chain will be a wedding gift to
DS if and when he ever finds the right girl, he's 27 and still looking.
He's 6' tall, college degree, muscular, it's gotta happen pretty soon,
right?

Denise in NH
Has anyone offered to take those painful reminders of your mistaken
fabric choices off your hands yet? *sigh* Okay, *I'LL* do it.
Giselle (email me for snail mail addy
Ooooh, Giselle! That was a *good* beg! Very sneaky and worked in quite
well! You're learning *way* too quickly.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas

Old January 29th 05, 06:40 PM
Pat in Virginia

A likely story!! Methinks you are just looking for
an excuse to sit around the pool to check the pool
boys!
PAT

frood wrote:

Ok, in the winter, I'll make chocolates and candies. In the summer, I'll
watch the kiddies by the pool. And cutting - I'll do cutting for anyone that
wants, provided the fabric isn't ugly. G

Old January 29th 05, 06:42 PM
Pat in Virginia

Those little threads?
I call them Wearable Art Embellishments!
PAT in VA/USA

Cow Whisperer wrote:

Boy, I had to laugh at my own reply...I don't like the little threads I wear
all over my clothes when I go to town (cause I snuck in just a few stitches
before I left). Guess I like all the things about quilting!
Cow Whisperer

Old January 29th 05, 06:45 PM
Jalynne

Why the heck did the theme to the Flinstones just start playing in my head????

Yabba Dabba DOOOOOOO
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
No, Polly, you stay just where you are, it looks cozy in there.

PARTY IN POLLY'S CLOSET!!!!
Bring chocolate, dont forget the bribe treats to get past the gators!
BYOB and let's ALL have a gay old time!
Whoohooooooo!
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too
.net...

Old January 29th 05, 08:16 PM
NightMist

OK, ladies and gentlemen!

I have three daughters!
2 of which are of marriageable age.

The eldest is 23, 5 foot 6, shoulder length dark brown-auburn hair,
brown-green eyes, 38-29-39. She is currently living in Pennsylvania
(near Girard) and working at a doughnut factory. She just broke up
with her young man because he was more fond of video games than
anything and would spend 6-8 hours a day on them She enjoys reading,
long walks, creative writing and attempts assorted crafts but hasn't
found one to suit her yet.

The second is 21, 5 foot 9, long blonde hair, blue eyes, 42-28-38.
She is currently living in DD#3's bedroom, works at the mental health
unit of the local hospital as a program assistant, and part time at a
group home as a personal care aide. She enjoys reading, shooting
pool, gadding about, and finding emotionally abusive a-holes that her
mother will not approve of to date.

DD#1 is a decent cook and worse at housecleaning than me. DD#2 is
almost as bad a cook as my mother, but an excellent housekeeper. Both
are trying to save up money to go to college. DD#1 isn't sure what to
major in as she wants to be a writer, DD#2 wants to be a psychologist.

OK!
Who's got a son (or who is single and looking) that wants to take one
of these lovely young ladies off my hands before they _both_ move back
home?
This could be tough, at one point DD#2 passed up a Chippendales dancer
that was working his way through law school because she was seeing a
pizza delivery boy who was in jail on traffic violations. (I kid you
not!)

I would like to have them settled down before DD#3 (age 14) and DS
(age 5) get to that "troublesome" stage. If DD#3 weren't younger than
she is I would already be tearing my hair out!
I am willing to pay shipping and do bridal sewing in this cause.

NightMist
Starting to think that kids never ever actually move out

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 17:45:47 GMT, "Butterfly"
wrote:

Add DS, 29 on Feb 27, Compie Guru and IT; and DD, 27, pilot, pilot
instructor and authoress of pilotbooks, on Mar 19........
Butterfly

"Louise" wrote in message
[...]

"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge
it, requires brains." -Mary Pettibone Poole
Old January 29th 05, 09:39 PM
Kathy Applebaum

" Ellison" wrote in message
. com...
Howdy!
But, but,... but Denise! Do the quilts *have* to match
your house? Why?!!!??

Any quilts that don't match the decor can be sent to me. Just another
service I provide. ;-)

(How's that, LN?)

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old January 29th 05, 10:42 PM
Jalynne

are you providing a decor matching quilt delivery service? Because i sure could use
some...heehee.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

"Kathy Applebaum" wrote in message
m...

Old January 30th 05, 03:47 AM
Karen Johnson

Nightmist,

This could be tough, at one point DD#2 passed up a Chippendales dancer
that was working his way through law school because she was seeing a
pizza delivery boy who was in jail on traffic violations. (I kid you
not!)

Oh, this made me laugh out loud, on a night when I really needed the
laughs ... although I bet it didn't make you laugh at the time!

Somebody, somewhere, somehow, should work that one into a movie
script.

Can't help out in the matchmaking department, though -- good luck!

Karen Johnson

http://www.dabukar.com
Old January 30th 05, 01:14 PM
georg

Jalynne wrote:

are you providing a decor matching quilt delivery service? Because i sure could use
some...heehee.

You know someone who wants this?
http://home.stny.rr.com/jazzmanian/janquilt.JPG

It is currently gracing the bed of a divorced 39-year-old German man who
lives in Albuquerque. He's very nice, works with computers and does a
lot of online gaming. He's also rather shy.

I'm willing to play matchmaker for him. And yes, if he ever gets
married again, I'll probably make him a quilt.

The QI, on the other hand, is mine, and not up for grabs. Poor Pepe has
changed houses enough, and has found his safe harbor at last.

-georg