Christmas tree skirt rambling

Old September 17th 10, 05:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Christmas tree skirt rambling

Thoughts on the 4 skirts underway here. Has anybody Ever actually washed a
Christmas tree skirt? Naaah. Not going to happen.
Where do you put the label? Doesn't matter. Did anybody ever turn your
Christmas tree skirt over to see the label?
Are people probably going to set gifts on it and nobody sees it anyway?
Setting all that aside, the skirts are nearly finished. All very
special. I see that there's a new line of Dr. Seuss just out and too late
for me but I did have some Grinch fabric and used it for DD's skirt.
If you're toying with the notion of making a skirt for yourself or as a
gift, you'd better get to it soon. They take a little longer than you'd
expect. And. The time for the annual awful Christmas jokes will be here
before you know it. =)
Also. We've been blessed here with lots of babies who will be having
their lst Christmas. Methinks you'll want to make a special ornament for
baby. Polly

Old September 17th 10, 08:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Right in the very centre (measured horizontally and vertically!!) would
seem to be the most invisible place for the label (on the inside of
course g)
..
In message , Polly Esther
writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old September 17th 10, 10:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Janner

On 17/09/2010 06:11, Polly Esther wrote:
Thoughts on the 4 skirts underway here. Has anybody Ever actually
washed a Christmas tree skirt? Naaah. Not going to happen.

Oh yes, had a naughty kitten......it had to be washed!!!

Where do you put the label? Doesn't matter. Did anybody ever turn your
Christmas tree skirt over to see the label?

Yep, so we could show the children who made it.

Are people probably going to set gifts on it and nobody sees it anyway?

True, but it adds to the atmosphere.

Setting all that aside, the skirts are nearly finished. All very
special.

Well done,so organised.

I see that there's a new line of Dr. Seuss just out and too
late for me but I did have some Grinch fabric and used it for DD's skirt.
If you're toying with the notion of making a skirt for yourself or as a
gift, you'd better get to it soon. They take a little longer than you'd
expect. And. The time for the annual awful Christmas jokes will be here
before you know it. =)
Also. We've been blessed here with lots of babies who will be having
their lst Christmas. Methinks you'll want to make a special ornament for
baby. Polly

Is it really that close......... I've got things to do before it
arrives, so little time, so much to do.

Janner
France

Old September 17th 10, 01:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

That reminds me -- I have a stocking to make for the newest grandchild
(born last February -- and growing up way to fast!)

Julia in MN

-----------
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/default.html
-----------

Old September 17th 10, 02:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Very funny, Pat. What are we going to do with you? The very center is
where you leave an opening to put the tree. Well. It's where you 'should'
leave an opening. I didn't on the 1st one and realized that I'd need to
plan better for the next one.

Old September 17th 10, 04:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Oh I see! Well, I have never seen one up close and personal gg I
thought they were like a cape - so that they had one completely open
end.
Oh dear - I should really get the sort of life that lets me know where a
tree skirt opens. Surely it would have to be a very large hole, to get
over the tree?????
..
In message , Polly Esther
writes

Old September 17th 10, 07:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

Polly, I am going to leave this one for you..... ;-)

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

"Pat S" wrote in message
Oh I see! Well, I have never seen one up close and personal gg I
thought they were like a cape - so that they had one completely open end.
Oh dear - I should really get the sort of life that lets me know where a
tree skirt opens. Surely it would have to be a very large hole, to get
over the tree?????
.
In message , Polly Esther
writes

Old September 17th 10, 08:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

Thoughts on the 4 skirts underway here. Has anybody Ever actually washed
Christmas tree skirt? Naaah. Not going to happen.

Every year. The cats use it as their personal quilt.

Where do you put the label? Doesn't matter. Did anybody ever turn
your Christmas tree skirt over to see the label?

Don't put one on. Mine is completely reversible.

Are people probably going to set gifts on it and nobody sees it anyway?

Yep, after leaving room for cats.
Gen

Old September 18th 10, 03:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I just turned the last skirt right-side-out and was bragging to Mr. Esther
that I 'remembered' to leave an opening. ( I forgot with not one but two of
them.) Mr. Smarty-Pants asked if I made the opening big enough to pull over
the top of the tree. Polly