O/T Cookie help

Old March 4th 10, 09:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
GrammyKathy[_3_]

Default O/T Cookie help

Could someone help me. I found a peanut butter recipe on-line. I
thought I saved it but I can't find it. This cookie you rolled into a
ball and baked without smashing it. It stayed in a ball. Now I can't
find it anywhere. I was sure I saved it but I can't find it. Please
does anyone know where to find it. The only thing I remember was it
took 2 or 2 1/2 cups of sugar and 1 or 1 1/2 cups of flour. I think
it took 1 cup of Peanut Butter.

Thanks
Old March 4th 10, 09:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

http://allrecipes.com/Search/Recipes...t+butter+balls
see if one of those works for you.
j.

"GrammyKathy" wrote ...

Old March 5th 10, 01:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
GrammyKathy[_3_]

On Mar 4, 3:31*pm, "J*" wrote:
http://allrecipes.com/Search/Recipes...t+butter+balls
see if one of those works for you.
j.

"

The one I had didn't use honey. Would be so bad but my DH just LOVED
the ones I made and now I can't find the dumb things. Thanks for
trying.
Old March 5th 10, 01:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

The love of my life is a Cookie Monster if there ever was one. Thank you
Jeanne so very much for showing us this great recipe place. Wow. Just
lately, I've been researching cookies that can make the trip to Afghanistan.
The best nomination seems to be Snickerdoodles. Any recommendations?
Polly O'Esther

Old March 5th 10, 02:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

pack them surrounded by popped corn.
we did that during the vietnam war and it worked a treat.
everything arrived intact and they ate the popcorn too.
ok so it might be better fresh popped but when your in a war zone it doesnt
seem to matter if popcorn is fresh or not, it was from hom and that was all
he cared about.
i'll see what else i can find on those snickerdoodles, tho never made them
myself.
j.

"Polly Esther" wrote ...

Old March 5th 10, 02:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

oh dear, Kathy,
google spit out a whole mess of recipe sites with 'peanut butter cookie
balls'.
i posted that one cuz they had a bunch on the one site.
i didnt make them so i'd not recognize when i came across the right recipe.
you should google that and check more of the sites til ya find the right
one.
i would but how would i know when i found the right one.
sorry bout that,
j.

"GrammyKathy" wrote...

Old March 5th 10, 03:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

We packed our last shipment to our heroes with batting scraps. ( It was
what was on hand and seemed like a good idea). It worked perfectly and
someone there badly needed packing for something she needed to ship home.
Double perfectly.)
I have many recipes for Snickerdoodles. The serious question is: What
cookie can withstand the time/treatment of shipping? We suppose that
chocolate is not a good idea, wonder if those cute little tiny M & Ms do
better, know for sure that the favorite around here - meringues would arrive
kinda crumbly. And what do those dear folks so far from home just delight
in receiving? Polly

Old March 5th 10, 03:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

Polly, are you asking for a Snickerdoodle recipe? If so I have one that
delights my church family and is always requested when it's 'my month' for
treats. ;-)

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old March 5th 10, 04:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Thank you, Leslie, but no. I have Snickerdoodle recipes. My question has
to do with success in shipping to furrin' countries. We have more than
2,000 lurkers here and there's just bound to be some who know which " I
thank you and appreciate you and love you" cookie says it best. Polly

Old March 5th 10, 04:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

oh, ok.
i've no idea what the troops et al now days would love.
i'm thinking the basic cookie recipes from childhood.
peanut butter comes to mind.
maybe a variation with some m'n'm's in them?
j.

"Polly Esther" wrote...

"J*" wrote:
http://allrecipes.com/Search/Recipes...t+butter+balls
see if one of those works for you.
j.

OT just a cookie quickie Polly Esther[_5_] Quilting 17 September 25th 09 12:21 PM
cookie idea pami Quilting 17 September 29th 06 08:25 PM
OT-chocolate cookie Lucille Needlework 0 July 10th 06 07:22 PM
FS: Tom and Jerry cookie jar taximania Pottery 1 June 12th 05 09:29 AM
OT - Cookie thief LN \(remove NOSPAM\) Quilting 1 July 12th 04 10:12 PM