Directory form is open for business!

Old March 1st 10, 12:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AliceW

Default Directory form is open for business!

The Directory form is good to go. I tested it and it is working as
expected. I didn't need to make any changes from the form we used last time
which helped save some time.

So here's how it works:

Anyone who wishes to be in the Directory needs to fill in the form - once
please - even if you were in the last Directory! If you are new to the
group, the Directory is a listing of personal information from the group
members who choose to be in the Directory. It includes name, address,
birthday information (optional), email address, screen name, favorite colors
(limit to 2) and favorite types of fabrics (limit to 2). This information
is used to send "squishies", personal greetings and birthday wishes.

Entry into the Directory is based on length of active time in the group and
number and type of postings. Since the information in the Directory is very
personal, we are very careful to vet new entries. Everyone who is accepted
into the Directory gets a copy emailed to them so a valid email address is
required, and will be tested. If you do not make it in this time, please
hang in there so we can get to know you a bit better. The Directory is
revised around the beginning of every year. It is published in a
spreadsheet format (Excel) for those that like to sort the information as
well as an alphabetically sorted text file for those that just want a list.
The form will provide you with a way to make that choice.

Once the form is closed (March 22), it will take about two weeks to get the
formatting done and the email addresses tested. I will post reminder
messages every so often for those that don't get onto the group routinely
so, hopefully, everyone who wishes, gets to fill in the form.

Here is the link to the form:
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/RCTQ/Directory/index.htm

Enjoy!

Alice in NJ

Old March 1st 10, 01:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

i cant decide what to do.
j.

Old March 1st 10, 01:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice in PA[_3_]

I'm in! Thanks for doing this, Alice.

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu

Old March 1st 10, 03:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.[_4_]

Thanks for all your hard work, Alice!

--
Donna in NE La.
kd maine 77 at yahoo dot com

Old March 1st 10, 03:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_2_]

Alice, thanks for coordinating the Directory again this year. With all
you have going on in your life, I really appreciate your taking the time
to tend to this on our behalf.
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com
Old March 1st 10, 04:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jenn in Tacoma

On 2/28/2010 5:04 PM, J* wrote:
i cant decide what to do.
j.

be in the directory!

--
Jenn in Tacoma
Old March 1st 10, 04:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lelandite

Worked beautifully! Super job.

Donna
in WA

Old March 1st 10, 04:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

ah, jenn,
you'll always know where i am.
j.

"Jenn in Tacoma" wrote
be in the directory!

J* wrote:
i cant decide what to do.
j.

Old March 1st 10, 06:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jenn in Tacoma

On 2/28/2010 8:48 PM, J* wrote:
ah, jenn,
you'll always know where i am.
j.

"Jenn in Tacoma" wrote
be in the directory!

J* wrote:
i cant decide what to do.
j.

Yeah, but since the last computer crash, i don't have your address
anymore...LOL

--
Jenn in Tacoma