A Trial

Old March 1st 10, 02:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

Default A Trial Jeanne could

as a matter of fact i looked into that, Polly.
Pat is using software that is only free to users on her isp, from what i
could find.
googled for a screen shot too but wasnt too successful.
should be somewhere in the tools tho.

Pat(ti), just search around in the various menus along the top edge of your
email/ng program.
find where your name is that now shows in the 'from' column.
change to suit and click 'ok' or 'apply' or whatever other postive choice it
gives you.
should be easy enough to find and change.
as long as you dont hit 'ok', 'apply' or whatever choice until you're happy
with your fix.
if all else fails, hit cancel and you've made no changes so no harm done.
j.
i'll keep looking in case you get stuck

"Polly Esther" wrote ...
I don't think you and Jeanne share the same waking hours but I'm sure she
could tell you how to change your name that shows on your posts. She helped
me change mine and disguise my email addy as well. She's a great teacher;
at least she does great things for the timid and untechie. Polly

"Patti" wrote ...
Smile!
It's the other one I'll use, more or less from now on. I'll want to
fine-tune the surname out, though. However, I'll have to wait for DH to
do that, because I don't know what caused it to be there! (I wonder if DH
could understand my sewing machine? - probably!).

Old March 1st 10, 09:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Default A Trial

No - just me trying (unsuccessfully) to make any sense of what DH was
doing - at breakneck speed - on my computer to effect all the changes!
..
In message , J*
writes
really...
would what we hear not make you Pat of the Blue.
this is getting rather more confuddling than ever.
snorfle
j.

--
Best Regards
Pat on the green
Old March 1st 10, 09:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

That's true!
..
In message , Polly Esther
writes

Old March 1st 10, 09:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Thanks J. I'll have a look - with trust but without confidence!
..
In message , J*
writes

Old March 1st 10, 12:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie[_2_]

On 1 Mar, 01:18, Patti wrote:
Is this getting through?
--
Best Regards
Pat on the green

Is this Pat on her Hill???

Bronnie on her ridge.
Old March 1st 10, 02:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Yes! I am moving from my hill! Polly said I should have changed the
sig. to Pat OFF her Hill!! But, I fear there could be too many
allusions to 'off trolleys' etc g. Not yet; but I'm getting all the
preliminaries done. It might be round about Easter.
..
In message
,
Bronnie writes

Bronnie on her ridge.

--
Best Regards
Pat on the green
Old March 1st 10, 10:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie[_2_]

On 1 Mar, 23:42, Patti wrote:
Yes! *I am moving from my hill! *Polly said I should have changed the
sig. to Pat OFF her Hill!! *But, I fear there could be too many
allusions to 'off trolleys' etc g. * Not yet; but I'm getting all the
preliminaries done. *It might be round about Easter.
.
In message
,
Bronnie writes

Bronnie on her ridge.

--
Best Regards
Pat on the green

You're talking in riddles! Are you moving house? Information, I need
information!

love Bronnie
Old March 1st 10, 10:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Sorry! I like riddles g
..
In message
,
Bronnie writes

Old March 1st 10, 11:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

thanks, Polly and Pat.
computers dont scare me.
its people that scare me.
j.

"Patti" wrote ...
That's true!
--
Best Regards
Pat on the green

"Polly Esther" writes

Old March 1st 10, 11:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

i'm sure you can manage it without too much worry.
holler if ya got any questions and i'll see what i can help with.
j.

"Patti" wrote ...
Thanks J. I'll have a look - with trust but without confidence!
--
Best Regards
Pat on the green

J* writes

Trial messages Dreamweaver Quilting 0 October 6th 08 11:12 PM
Bag quilt stitch trial photo melinda[_2_] Quilting 10 May 11th 08 01:44 AM
OT Michael Jackson Trial [email protected] Quilting 67 June 28th 05 01:28 AM
FREE TRIAL PROMOTIONAL SOFTWARE AUTO ENGINE POSTER Needlework 0 January 9th 04 04:08 PM
AD - RCB Cafe Press Shop - trial ends tomorrow! Kandice Seeber Beads 11 September 15th 03 11:02 AM