What's on your design wall?

Old June 30th 08, 03:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Default What's on your design wall?

Good for you!
My wall has the 36 rctq BOM (plus 4 extra to make it 5 X8), sewn into a
little top/ medaillion, while I try to make up my mind what it needs. Plus a
row robin group project. And another of Pat's beauties.
Roberta in D

"maryd" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ers2...
I'm working on a Thomas the Tank Train quilt for my #4 grandson. It's his
big bed quilt and he will received it for his 3rd birthday in November.
Yup, it's paper pieced using Carol Doak's #183 from 300 Paper Pieced Quilt
Blocks. I'm still tearing paper from Bella's purple and pink and hope to
get to quilting it before much longer. Then on to grandson #5's big boy
quilt.

--
Mary
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community

Old June 30th 08, 03:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I just pulled some dwr pieces down that were there over a month and
didn't really amount to what I wanted. I was putting other stuff
over those for awhile but they are just not a happening thing now.

I have an almost finished bargello flag up now. There is also a piece of
really wonderfully done embroidery I picked up at the thrift store. I
think it might work as a center to a wall hanging, maybe.

My first thought when I read the msg. header was Polly doesn't have
anything on her design wall since nothing sticks. I have batting on
mine but no lines. Everything sticks in the dry static air here. There
are more than a few houses available in the area Polly. Your gators
would absolutely hate it though.

Taria

Old June 30th 08, 04:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jane Zoerb

I've got a Black bear with bear paws have to find back ground yet. Leaning
toward a river. Want to put a fish on it with a pocket in the fish. Still
working out design.

--
Jane http://windigothreads.shutterfly.com

Old June 30th 08, 04:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati C.

Polly, have you thought about taking a stiff bristled brush to the
gridded cover?? It might raise enough nap to help with the blocks
sticking to it. VBG
There are a couple of different kinds of gridded stuff I have seen (at
least seen pictures of G) One is thin interfacing and one is a sort of
flannel stuff. If yours is the flannel type, brushing it might seriously
help.

Pati, in Phx

Polly Esther wrote:
One day I'm going to quit whining about it and draw a grid on a cotton batt.
I just must have lines on mine to put the blocks up level and such.
(Winston is so cute.) Polly

Old June 30th 08, 04:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati C.

Well, right now I don't have a design wall.... the portable one has a
Whirlpool quilt on it that I really need to get finished sometime. but
don't have the room to work on it sigh.
But I am working on my Hoffman challenge quilt, a couple for the Kaufman
challenges, and some class samples. G
Seems that I need some sort of "deadline" to get much done. VBG

Pati, in Phx

Old June 30th 08, 05:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Had that .washed it....nuttin, washed it again with 'rough towels' still no
clinging. ...resorted to pins.
Now I use batting.and still use pins. Threadds cling to it
wonderfully.....not squares

Butterfly (Grid stuff did NOT make the move)

Old June 30th 08, 05:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

ON the wall: New Bride's WUH and both the front and back of the USA Map WUH.
Neither are being worked on right now.
Over this I have a sheet pinned on that has the Star Afghan 'blocks' that I
need to sew the outside diamonds to.(I NEED a 2nd wall!!!!!!!)
I DID get 2 more rows sewn together since we got home, so now it is 1/2
done.

Butterfly (Still shooting for Oct for a DONE date)

Old June 30th 08, 06:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
ME-Judy[_5_]

Mine is currently empty. Just finished a "Happy New Home" set for my DGS &
his S.O. and my new GGD.... They're into John Deere big time and I found
the neatest John Deere fabric at my local TSWLTH (it's a 4-season J.D. that
sorta runs the seasons together in an overall look) -- plus I couldn't pass
up a Teddy Bear driving a J.D. tractor (cheater quilt panel for my GGD!) I
made the "adults" a couple of pot holders, a "bag" bag (to hold those extra
plastic bags you get at the grocery store) and a microwave potato baker, so
now their kitchen will have the JohnDeere theme, too.

Next project is a WIP - My oldest son brought by a huge bag of flannel
pieces - odd cuts & up to a yard - which he got at a garage sale (CHEAP) and
figured I could use them BEG (Did I raise my pack-rat kids right, or
what?) Anyway, I'd already cut most of the pieces up into whatever size
squares I could and need to finish sewing them together and back them with
plain flannel to make kiddie-hugs for the local homeless shelter. I have
four tops done and need to finish the last one, and then back 'em and tie
them (or stitch 'em).

Next project up will be a quilt for me (and DH's ) bed. I'm going to try to
make one of the split-9-patches. Wanted to do that for ages, but keep coming
up with other stuff that needs to be done first. Even have the fabric! I'm
just trying to decide whether to cut the squares 3.5" or 4" (to get the most
mileage out of the fabric I bought so I don't run short G) Guess I need
to hit my scrap bin and try out a couple of blocks in both sizes.

Keepin' busy with that & the garden.
ME-Judy

Old June 30th 08, 08:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Right you are, Taria. The gators and I are accustomed to mildew and moss.
It keeps our skin pretty. I only have threads on the design wall just now.
DH's quilt that Louise just returned to me is being bound. I'd forgotten
that I'd picked out the binding before I shipped the quilt to Iowa. The
fabric for the binding is lots of glorious swipes of reds. Its name is
'fingerpaints' and I've been saving it for a special event for years.
There's another quilt that needs a border. I've tried everything but
duct tape and elastic saved from old BVDs. Nothing, nothing seems to
belong. I'll listen to the voices while I'm stitching the Christmas quilt's
binding. Pass me the Prozac lick. Polly

"Taria" wrote, in part My first thought when I read the msg. header was

Old June 30th 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

You are a hoot!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"Polly Esther" wrote in message
[...]

Portable Design Wall Linda Franklin[_2_] Quilting 8 April 24th 08 06:31 PM
Design wall .... redux Sunny Quilting 25 February 1st 07 11:58 AM
Quilter's Design Wall Karen Garza Quilting 11 July 18th 06 09:45 PM
Design wall report Kathy Applebaum Quilting 4 October 12th 05 12:20 PM
Design wall? Sandy Foster Quilting 19 June 10th 04 12:09 AM