Gold and all its variations for findings

Old September 16th 04, 11:32 PM
Su/Cutworks

Sooz wrote:

Su, PMC also comes in gold! So you could, if you can afford it, go that

way
too.

It crossed my mind. I let it hit the next intersection and then ran like
hell before it could turn and cross again. Only because I have too many
things I want to try now that PMC just seems like it would be the last
straw. But... on the other hand.....

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll see if I can find space and time. Where's
the Tardis when you need it! You see, I'm working on something I want to be
really really klunkable when it's done.

-Su

Old September 17th 04, 05:28 AM
Dr. Sooz

a-hem..we have the bead notes in OB, too

Right. (.....remember my memory is ****ed up by FMS)
~~
Sooz
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. ~~Joseph Chilton
Pearce

Old September 17th 04, 05:29 AM
Dr. Sooz

.....I have too many
things I want to try now that PMC just seems like it would be the last
straw. But... on the other hand....

You know, Su, if you did PMC and the DH does glass......what a double threat
you guys would be. Whoa.
~~

Old September 17th 04, 05:55 AM
KDK

Oh yeah - so true!

Kathy K (who really needs her little kiln HERE)

Old September 17th 04, 06:10 AM
~Candace~

That's what I'm here for, lovely one

--
~Candace~

Orphan Beads ~low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader~
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Princess Auctions ~please see for most current updates and auction
information~
http://snipurl.com/8s8o

Old September 17th 04, 07:06 AM
Shirley Shone

I will bring the catalogue for you to look at.

No sugar, maybe a thin slice of cake if it is on offer.
Low on fat and carbs.

For all who are wondering I am visiting Su on Saturday and I get to see
the SHED.

Shirley.

In message , Su/Cutworks
writes
Shirley wrote:

Have you got a place in UK for them Su.

I use International for mine and I do not have to have a big order
either.

Not as yet, I'm still doing the research.

Bring your notebook on Saturday!

Oh, and any preferences/restrictions on things to go with tea?

-Su

--
Shirley Shone
Old September 17th 04, 07:11 AM
~Candace~

Just make sure you call someone on the hour every hour if you go into the
SHED. *snickers*
It sounds like a scary glass melting place.

Aside from that, I am so jealous Can't wait to hear all about your visit.

Old September 17th 04, 08:57 AM
Su/Cutworks

Shirley wrote:

I will bring the catalogue for you to look at.

Oooh! I can't wait. I'll show you the project I'm working on.

No sugar, maybe a thin slice of cake if it is on offer.
Low on fat and carbs.

*taking notes*

For all who are wondering I am visiting Su on Saturday and I get to see
the SHED.

Yep. Mike's getting it tidied up today for the visit. That means of course
simply rearranging the hanging gardens of stuff on the shelves. I really
need to get those sorted out....

-Su

Old September 17th 04, 08:57 AM
Su/Cutworks

Sooz wrote:

You know, Su, if you did PMC and the DH does glass......what a double

threat
you guys would be. Whoa.

I'm flattered you think so. :-)

Right now I'm working on finding a style of jewelry I'm comfortable with,
which is happening now. Mike's new beads are really good, I think he's put
together several sets that are ready for sale. I'm really cracking the whip
over us both now as it would do us both a world of good to have something
positive what with him being off work since June. This started out as
something to give him a way to focus on the positive and it's working out so
much better than I'd hoped. He actually looks forward to getting in the
SHED every day.

And I have some quiet time to work, or do whatever. It's great.

-Su

Old September 18th 04, 09:24 AM
Rachel M

"Su/Cutworks" wrote in message ...
OK, I've read the discussions on the links from Sooz's pages, and I've
looked till my eyes are sore, so I guess I can now ask here.

I've read definitions of gold filled, gold plated and vermeil, but what I
can't figure out is which would be the best to use for making jewelry. I'm
a silver sort of person myself, but on occasion if someone wants something
with gold in it, I want to be sure that I'm using the right thing. So bear
with me he
snipage
still look like gold when I'm done?

Thanks for any thoughts. I know, I'm a pest but at least I'm your pest. I
really want to just be sure when we start doing things that require AD in
the heading to putting the right stuff together.

-Su

I think gold-filled is sometimes referred to as rolled-gold over here,

Rachel